I am not sure...

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

I am not sure...

Post by commadore »

I am not sure we can recover from this. Pitching reminds me of the Austin Peay game. We look beat and act beat. I will not be surprised if we lose this in two. Showing no heart and less talent.

CLTDore
Captain

Re: I am not sure...

Post by CLTDore »

We are going to get a solid performance from Rocker and the bats will come alive. Then we have 1.5 other solid starters for Sunday.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

I hope you are talking about Hickman. Let Hickman go six and turn it over to Brown for three.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Although it sounds trite: how we respond to this will define this team. During the season they repeatedly found ways to respond when down in games - now they have to win a series after losing the opener - something I do not believe they have had to do all year. If they do it - great.
Last edited by charlestonalum on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

charlestonalum wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:05 am Although it sounds trite: how respond to this will define this team. During the season they repeatedly found ways to respond when down in games - now they have to win a series after losing the opener - something I do not believe they have had to do all year. If they do it - great.
I thought about that last night. As good as this team is (or perhaps because of it), they haven't had to come back in a series after losing game one.

I was at the game last night and there was just a weird vibe in the air from the beginning. When a .164 hitter has a career night against your pitching, you know something is wrong.
4timenatlchamps
Admiral

Post by 4timenatlchamps »

I'm sorry comma but I've gotta send this one to the top.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

4timenatlchamps wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:28 pm I'm sorry comma but I've gotta send this one to the top.
Somehow, I'm pretty sure you aren't actually sorry....

Throw me in the group that didn't think we'd pull it off. GLAD WE DID!! Duke had lost in 2 straight Supers and I was worried this was the year they'd make it, especially after the way we played.

Roll Vandy Roll! Just win baby!
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Yall just love to rub it in.
I am just glad to get the win.
So KMA my Vandy friend
And go to Omaha just for the win.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

We responded to Friday loss with the record breaking Saturday game and convincing win today. It was gratifying and a testimony to the mature, talented team and super coaching staff. Let's win it all- this team can.
Bear8000
Lieutenant

Post by Bear8000 »

I have to admit I was surprised on how some people absolutely turned on Coach Corbin and this team, after the first loss in 20 something games. Yea, it was bad, but if you've actually watched this team, u knew they weren't done

Of course it is human nature-the same reason Vanderbilt FB boards are twice as busy after a loss, compared to a win
CLTDore
Captain

Post by CLTDore »

CLTDore wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:50 pm We are going to get a solid performance from Rocker and the bats will come alive. Then we have 1.5 other solid starters for Sunday.
Can I toot my own horn? Ye of little faith.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I attribute the Friday loss to 3 things:
1) preoccupation with MLB draft that had at least 13 players full attention all week.
2) Long pre-game weather delay and associated distractions about weather all week long
3) A totally focused, good Duke opponent determined to beat the mighty 'dores

All that led to the outcome. We will be ready in Omaha
VandyFan888
Ensign

Post by VandyFan888 »

CLTDore wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 pm
CLTDore wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:50 pm We are going to get a solid performance from Rocker and the bats will come alive. Then we have 1.5 other solid starters for Sunday.
Can I toot my own horn? Ye of little faith.
The Power of Positive Thinking in action! Thank you!!
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

commadore wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:30 pm I am not sure we can recover from this. Pitching reminds me of the Austin Peay game. We look beat and act beat. I will not be surprised if we lose this in two. Showing no heart and less talent.
Saying no heart is asinine. You have no idea about the heart of our players. Don’t substitute your weakness for theirs.

What is less than no or none?

Good grief.
doredane
Captain

Post by doredane »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:57 am I attribute the Friday loss to 3 things:
1) preoccupation with MLB draft that had at least 13 players full attention all week.
2) Long pre-game weather delay and associated distractions about weather all week long
3) A totally focused, good Duke opponent determined to beat the mighty 'dores

All that led to the outcome. We will be ready in Omaha
I attribute Friday's loss to the fact that they are playing baseball. It is quite different than college basketball and football in that the top two or three teams don't always win the NC. The MLB World Series winner this year will lose at least 60 games this year. Some of those losses will be big time beat downs. My beloved, yet putrid, Baltimore Orioles beat the Yankees twice to start that season 2-0. They are now 20-45 and will likely lose well over 100 games. It takes a large sample size to determine the best baseball team. Weird things can happen over the course of a few games. Had we been eliminated, people would have freaked out and said that Corbin can't coach. Those folks obviously don't understand the nature of baseball and small sample sizes, or, they do understand, but let their emotions get in the way of their rationality. I have been guilty of such.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Give it a f#@king rest guys.
Locked Previous topicNext topic