I despise Florida Baseball....

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandybrad
Commander

I despise Florida Baseball....

Post by vandybrad »

Mainly because it's us and them year in and out now. Plus, their Manager is a crybaby. If they do as well as predictions, enjoy this year because it will be their last with the team we are putting together.

Doresince89
Commander

Re: I despise Florida Baseball....

Post by Doresince89 »

vandybrad wrote:Mainly because it's us and them year in and out now. Plus, their Manager is a crybaby. If they do as well as predictions, enjoy this year because it will be their last with the team we are putting together.
I agree with you about Florida but let’s see how many of the kids we have committed actually make it to Vandy. Fl had the number 1 class last year until the draft happened.
ScrappyDore
Captain

Re: I despise Florida Baseball....

Post by ScrappyDore »

Florida has been very fortunate the last few years. They seem to get most of their recruits to show up. They seem to hit on every recruit and they seem to escape the injury bug. I hate them also but they are not going anywhere. They are recruiting on par with us and seem to finding more higher ranked kids that want to go to school. Go look at D1baseballs top freshmen for this year for the conference. Even though overall our class is higher. They have 4 of the top 7 freshmen coming in. Our top freshman is ranked 16th. It has been that way for the last few years. They get 3 or 4 studs per year and we have not been so lucky lately.

This years Junior class for Vanderbilt was ranked number 1. But the top ranked junior based on draft rank is Kaiser at 31. Florida was number 5 and has the 1, 4, 12, and 24th ranked players. Granted VU lost what would probably be a top 10 stud in Everett. But it is obvious their class will end up better.
Locked Previous topicNext topic