apologize for this post

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

apologize for this post

Post by Go Vandy! »

x
Last edited by Go Vandy! on Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abvandy
Rear Admiral

Re: I seriously don't know how a coach explains

Post by abvandy »

Okay -- let's talk numbers.

9 - 6 .... South Carolina has 9 (count 'em - nine) players 6 feet tall or taller.

Here is another set of numbers (6-7-1).

According to the USC website, their starting 6-7 center was the number one center in the country in 2020.

CONQUER!!...., and PREVAIL!!!
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

Go Vandy! wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:45 pm 8-7-8-7. Even if you're playing the WNBA All-Star team.
Coach knows exactly what the explanation is. And she’s working hard to fix things. It’s easy to focus on the negatives. But there are a lot of positives happening with the women’s basketball team thanks to our new coach.
Doubledore
Lieutenant

Post by Doubledore »

Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:52 pm
Go Vandy! wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:45 pm 8-7-8-7. Even if you're playing the WNBA All-Star team.
Coach knows exactly what the explanation is. And she’s working hard to fix things. It’s easy to focus on the negatives. But there are a lot of positives happening with the women’s basketball team thanks to our new coach.
White wrecked this program in all areas—poor player development, no clear recruiting plan with regard to how to recruit to fit a system, horrific lack of fundamentals enforcement/teaching, lack of heart for the student athletes which created a toxic culture and a disconnect with the fan base and former players. Coach Ralph must tackle every one of those issues so it will take some time. She has to get the right players in here first and foremost as she creates a new culture.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Doubledore wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 am
White wrecked this program in all areas—poor player development, no clear recruiting plan with regard to how to recruit to fit a system, horrific lack of fundamentals enforcement/teaching, lack of heart for the student athletes which created a toxic culture and a disconnect with the fan base and former players. Coach Ralph must tackle every one of those issues so it will take some time. She has to get the right players in here first and foremost as she creates a new culture.
Yes, ultimately players are the key and I believe Coach Ralph will know what to do with them if she can get the right players here.
Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 pm
Doubledore wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 am

Yes, ultimately players are the key and I believe Coach Ralph will know what to do with them if she can get the right players here.
Having said that, I love our current players’ grit, determination, fight, hustle and want-to. I enjoy watching them play so hard and hope they have success coming up. Their approach this year says a lot about them in a very positive way.
HuskyT
Ensign

Re: apologize for this post

Post by HuskyT »

You don't have to look very far away to see how fast a team can turn around. Kellie Harper has rejuvenated UT in 3 years. While it is a fact that she was left with a better bunch of athletes than CSR, there is an advantage that CSR has over the UT coach. When Kellie harper was in Missouri her recruiting focus was on relationship with players in the lower end of the rankings. The top players did not know who she was or if she would be any good. CSR comes to Vandy with relationships with top 25 recruits in the 2023, 24, and 25 classes. I am very excited to see who is going to come to Nashville in the 2023 class. If a player wants to go to the W and is not recruited by UConn, there is only one other place where the head coach has sent the same volume of players to the next level. She can offer a top education, top facilities (soon), and the coolest town in the South. I say the future is bright for Vandy women's hoops.
Locked Previous topicNext topic