No charges for Miller

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

No charges for Miller

Post by Dorewithaflare »

They say they can't charge him.I as sure that an 18 year old has a permit for a gun and has right to carry in his car. Play on brother.

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: No charges for Miller

Post by Ndorefin »

The latest is that the gun was left in his car by Miles and Miller didn’t know it was there. He was already in his car going to pick up Miles when he received the text. This scenario is as reasonable as any that’s been reported, so we don’t know what really happened. Miller is a good kid….I saw him play in high school and he didn’t showboat or anything of that sort.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

the miller incident was one more day (more often night) in america. our society is awash in guns, leading to intentional and accidental tragedies daily….and inevitably it intersects with sports. it’s what we’ve chosen or allowed and continue to support….and the consequences are myriad for us. this is merely a statement of facts.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

I know zero about Miller other than being a fantastic basketball player.

But, he needs to be more careful about picking who he spends time with away from the court. He’s lucky he didn’t end up with a stray bullet hitting him.
underdog74
Vice Admiral

Post by underdog74 »

If it were anyone other than Miller, he'd be off the team. No doubt. Well, maybe not Quinerly.
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

vu2003rpl wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:57 am I know zero about Miller other than being a fantastic basketball player.

But, he needs to be more careful about picking who he spends time with away from the court. He’s lucky he didn’t end up with a stray bullet hitting him.
The guy who owned the gun (not the one who used it--who Miller may not even have known) was a player on the team. It would be pretty hard to avoid him.
doubledore9603
Lieutenant

Post by doubledore9603 »

alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

The idea that Kentucky etc won't hire him because he said stupid things after one of his players was part of a murder story is... I don't know, quaint? Naive? Deluded?

Does the writer follow college sports at all?

If they think Oats can win them championships they will hire him. Full stop.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ppropriate

“Alabama men's basketball coach Nate Oats called freshman forward Brandon Miller's pregame introduction routine of being patted down by a walk-on before heading to midcourt "not appropriate" after his team beat Arkansas 86-83 on Saturday”

“I don't watch our introductions, I'm not involved with them, I'm drawing up plays during that time," Oats said in his postgame news conference.

wow Oats….. Last week it was “can’t control what the players do off the court” or whatever
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

vu2003rpl wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:48 pm https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ppropriate

“Alabama men's basketball coach Nate Oats called freshman forward Brandon Miller's pregame introduction routine of being patted down by a walk-on before heading to midcourt "not appropriate" after his team beat Arkansas 86-83 on Saturday”

“I don't watch our introductions, I'm not involved with them, I'm drawing up plays during that time," Oats said in his postgame news conference.

wow Oats….. Last week it was “can’t control what the players do off the court” or whatever
That’s pathetic Oats
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

Someone bring these kids down to earth. The team is having fun with all of this after a teammate was charged and a woman was killed.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

I think Sabin should take over: he would not tolerate this.
Makes all of Bama look awful.
doubledore9603
Lieutenant

Post by doubledore9603 »

Locked Previous topicNext topic