scheduling

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

roanoke
Admiral

scheduling

Post by roanoke »

I would like to briefly point out - after similar and rarely as flattering comments in other sports - what a nice job of scheduling we did in baseball this year.

Young team - needs confidence. Open with a competitive series against a good opponent to gauge ourselves. Followed by a bunch of games in the "likely win" column so that we can evaluate what we have. And build confidence so that when you are down 4-1 in the fifth - you still believe you are going to win.

Then, head off on a truly challenging road trip - but as a confident and "hot" club.

I do not know how we will fare in the western swing - but we are giving ourselves a good chance to win and also play the best competition so we will be ready for the SEC teams.

Our basketball team played the hardest schedule in America - basically two years in a row. It took a toll. This year's early season baseball scheduling was really well done. I hope our basketball braintrust takes note. Our hoops team next year should be in a similar situation.