New NCAA tourney seeding rules this year.

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

ScrappyDore
Captain

New NCAA tourney seeding rules this year.

Post by ScrappyDore »

Starting this year the NCAA tourney will seed the teams 1 to 64 with the top 16 teams as hosts instead of 8 nationals seeds and then 8 additional hosts based on location and conference affiliation.This should eliminate the same old same old super regional matchups we tend to see year after year. I think it is great and should have been done a long time ago. No more letting an undeserving West or Northern team host so they can spread out the field. You have to earn it now.

Versus75
Admiral

Had not heard that previously but ...

Post by Versus75 »

... apparently it is correct.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/arti ... s-16-seeds

Less likely to meet Louisville in a Super Regional (based on geography), but could be more likely to travel further if not among the Top 8 seeds. I can only suppose that the top 8 would host a Super if they wish to do so.
GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Re: New NCAA tourney seeding rules this year.

Post by GooseJones15 »

I embrace this change. I argree it should have been done long ago. The best part is the geographical matchups are eliminated. This simply wasn’t fair that Louisville-Vanderbilt matchup and Clemson - South Carolina matchup , etc occurred. Kudos to the selection committee.
ANCHORDOWN1
Rear Admiral

Re: New NCAA tourney seeding rules this year.

Post by ANCHORDOWN1 »

I believe geography will still be considered for which 2, 3, and 4-seeds go to which regional (i.e. it won't be 1, 32, 33, and 64 in one; 2, 31, 34, and 63 in the second; etc.), but I like this change for the supers.
Locked Previous topicNext topic