Everyone should know this by now but... VU-AAMU is on streaming only

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Everyone should know this by now but... VU-AAMU is on streaming only

Post by BrentVU »

The reason for this is: under the SEC's current contract with ESPN, every school must put one home game each year on ESPN+/SEC Network+. (Typically each school chooses its least meaningful non-conference game.)

From the VU website: The game is available to watch on both ESPN+ and SEC Network+. Subscribers to the standalone ESPN+ package will get the game with their subscription, while fans who have SEC Network as part of their regular television package (i.e. cable/satellite provider, Hulu+ Live TV, YouTubeTV, etc.) will be able to access the game via that subscription.

If you have an ESPN+ subscription and want to watch on your computer, you can watch at this link:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eve ... %3Aresults

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Everyone should know this by now but... VU-AAMU is on streaming only

Post by BrentVU »

Arkansas, Ole Miss, and No. 1 Georgia are also getting their contractually obligated streaming games out of the way on Saturday.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

What is the local radio station broadcasting the game? And can I listen to it through Audacy?
MountainDore
Lieutenant

Post by MountainDore »

For those of us with Spectrum, we're apparently out of luck unless there's a last-minute breakthrough in negotiations. I can't even stream any of the ESPN channels on my phone since it's all connected to my cable package.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

You can also go to vucommodores.com, go to the top under fans, and then click "listen". You may have more than one game/sport to choose from so just pick the football game.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

BrentVU wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:18 am The reason for this is: under the SEC's current contract with ESPN, every school must put one home game each year on ESPN+/SEC Network+. (Typically each school chooses its least meaningful non-conference game.)

From the VU website: The game is available to watch on both ESPN+ and SEC Network+. Subscribers to the standalone ESPN+ package will get the game with their subscription, while fans who have SEC Network as part of their regular television package (i.e. cable/satellite provider, Hulu+ Live TV, YouTubeTV, etc.) will be able to access the game via that subscription.

If you have an ESPN+ subscription and want to watch on your computer, you can watch at this link:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/eve ... %3Aresults
My Youtube channel line up says that the MTSU/Ala game is what ill get.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

dallasdore wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:44 am What is the local radio station broadcasting the game? And can I listen to it through Audacy?
Download Vanderbilt Athletics App on your phone and you will get radio of all major VU sports as well as weekly ciaches show: all free. Play store is where I got it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic