247 Sports: The gospel according to Lea: Vanderbilt's blueprint to become the hallmark of college football success

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: 247 Sports: The gospel according to Lea: Vanderbilt's blueprint to become the hallmark of college football success

Post by geeznotagain »

A man’s reach must exceed his grasp …. (Browning)

Lea’s goal is noble as hell, and worthy as hell, but basically un-graspable. I think deep down we all know that.
commadore
Admiral

Re: 247 Sports: The gospel according to Lea: Vanderbilt's blueprint to become the hallmark of college football success

Post by commadore »

geeznotagain wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:45 am A man’s reach must exceed his grasp …. (Browning)

Lea’s goal is noble as hell, and worthy as hell, but basically un-graspable. I think deep down we all know that.
I call bovine feces. In 2001, would you have ever bet we would have two national championships, two runners up, and five trips to the college world series, let a lone a state of the art baseball facility?
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Different sport.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Note: This is a premium article, behind a paywall.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

geeznotagain wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:12 am Different sport.
same premise. The baseball program was in as bad a shape as football when the assistant coach from Clemson took over.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

BrentVU wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:51 am
Note: This is a premium article, behind a paywall.
My apologies.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

I haven't read this story, but if (I say, when) the Commodores begin to turn the tables a bit on the rest of the SEC, Coach Lea and Vanderbilt will suddenly become one of the most interesting stories in college football. Here's a program that is trying to pick itself up off the mat and doing it the slow, steady, methodical way, instead of going for the quick fix, which is how most everyone else is doing it.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

BrentVU wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:11 pm I haven't read this story, but if (I say, when) the Commodores begin to turn the tables a bit on the rest of the SEC, Coach Lea and Vanderbilt will suddenly become one of the most interesting stories in college football. Here's a program that is trying to pick itself up off the mat and doing it the slow, steady, methodical way, instead of going for the quick fix, which is how most everyone else is doing it.
won't it be interesting to see how the colorado gamble plays out?
Locked Previous topicNext topic