Are Vandy fans ready for SEC Media Days in Nashville?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Are Vandy fans ready for SEC Media Days in Nashville?

Post by BrentVU »

For the first time ever, SEC Media Days comes to Nashville starting Monday. All 14 of the SEC's head coaches will be passing through the Grand Hyatt hotel this week, along with several dozen of the league's best players. There are usually 700-800 members of the media on hand, including print, radio, and TV. Coach Lea and three VU players take the stage on Tuesday morning.

I've been to my share of these things back when I was covering the SEC. On the one hand it's not really an event for fans... you MIGHT lurk around the lobby and be able to get a couple of autographs if you're in the right place at the right time. But security is tight, and you can't access the main area without a credential. The best way to hear what's being said is to (A) watch on SEC Network and/or SEC Network+ (which will stream the press conferences this year), or (B) listen to your local sports talk radio station. The event will generate dozens of subsequent interviews and stories.

However... the SEC is doing something different this year... they're taking a page from the NFL Draft and closing down lower Broadway Tuesday night, broadcasting live on the SEC Network from an outdoor stage, throwing a concert, and inviting fans to attend. Coach Lea will be on the Tuesday evening broadcast of SEC Now. Vandy uber-fan Nate Bargatze will be there, as will the band Midland. So I'm hoping Vandy fans will show up in their colors and make an evening of it. I'd hate for Vandy fans to be outnumbered in their own city by fans of other schools from out of town (not that that's ever happened before). Sounds like fun to me. I plan to be there, lurking... and I hope to see other VandyManiacs there.

https://vucommodores.com/sec-nation-media-day/

commadore
Admiral

Re: Are Vandy fans ready for SEC Media Days in Nashville?

Post by commadore »

I am sure all 47 of the ones not in rockers will be there.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Re: Are Vandy fans ready for SEC Media Days in Nashville?

Post by FayetteDore »

I just wanna see how the VU fans who show up outdo this:

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 9.40.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 9.40.49 PM.png (120.55 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Locked Previous topicNext topic