Justice Carlton To Announce Top 5 Friday

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Justice Carlton To Announce Top 5 Friday

Post by MikeADore »

Carlton is a 6'2 power forward out of Texas ranked #5 in the '24 class by Hoopgurlz. She released a Top 20 list late last summer, and Vandy was on it. No clue what has been happening since then. I assume Texas will make her Top 5, and wouldn't be at all surprised if LSU is there as well. Her mom played at Baylor, but that was before Mulkey coached there, so I don't know if they feel any connection with her. Would like to see us at least make the top five, but can't say I feel confident about it. There is big competition for her.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Justice Carlton To Announce Top 5 Friday

Post by MikeADore »

Her top five: Arizona, UConn, Texas, South Carolina and LSU.
Versus75
Admiral

The Arizona reference reminded me of ...

Post by Versus75 »

... former Vanderbilt star Koi Love. Yes, Koi was one of our best players: Team leader by far in scoring (20.8) and rebounding (9.5). But that was the eight-game 2020-2021 season that was shut down early.

And then she transferred to Arizona after two seasons in Nashville.

As a Wildcat, Koi was 7th on the team in minutes per game (14.3) and points per game (4.7). Transfers again, this time to Southern Cal. At USC Koi was 9th in mpg (13.6) and ppg (2.8).

She has another year of eligibility due to Covid but must have already used one free transfer and a grad transfer. Probably not coming back to the 'Dores.
Locked Previous topicNext topic