SEC coaches LIKE v LOATHE

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

mtnvandy
Captain

SEC coaches LIKE v LOATHE

Post by mtnvandy »

LOATHE- Wade: the LSU coach fired last March.
Arky coach- watched a cpl more games after ours and it seemed Tony Black was behaving (and uber talented)

LIKE:
Pearl
Wimp Sanderson
Lsu coach in the 90s (See Shaq documentary)

VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Re: SEC coaches LIKE v LOATHE

Post by VUaskew »

Like: Billy Donovan, Bruce Pearl (he kind of grew on me, what can I say?), Barnes, Rob Evans, Fogler at SC, Frank Martin, Hugh Durham, DeVoe, Cuonzo, Kermit Davis, Buzz Williams

Loathe: Dale Brown (sorry, the run-in w Fogler and Collis Temple incidents sealed it for me), Mussleman, Will Wade, Nate Oats (what's he doing to be so good so fast?), Nolan Richardson, Kevin O'Neill, Ray Mears, Richard Williams, Stansbury, Crappilappi, Dave Odom
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

LOATHE: Richard Schmidt
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

mtnvandy wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:21 am Arky coach- watched a cpl more games after ours and it seemed Tony Black was behaving (and uber talented)
After the Arkansas game, my son DM'ed Anthony Black (as kids do these days) calling him out for his behavior in the game. Black responded to him, saying that basketball can be an emotional game, and admitted that he had some growing up to do. I was angry at him like everyone else watching that game, but I have a lot of respect for him to respond to criticism like that. I have also watched a few of their games since then, and he is really talented and actually a lot of fun to watch. His vision and passing really is special, and I hope we don't have to play Arkansas again unless it is deep in the tournament. They are playing really well now.
mtnvandy
Captain

Post by mtnvandy »

LIKE????—-DALE BROWN- can someone pls remind me what he did that offended Vandy fans. I was at a game circa 1991. Think it was Shaqs 1st game @ VU. Recall Dale getting into with a cameraman in parking garage post game. Assume there are other incidents( But tell me you havr watched the SEC documentary on Shaq @ LSU & not teared up a bit. The part re both Dale & Shaq growing up w/o dads was poignant)

LOATHE (but was so bad he was comical) KEVIN O’Neil (UT circa 2000)

#BEATLSU

PS Arky was scary good v UGa Tues
TwoSaints
Vice Admiral

Post by TwoSaints »

VUaskew wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:22 am Like: Billy Donovan, Bruce Pearl (he kind of grew on me, what can I say?)
What, like a barnacle? A tumor? A vestigial tail?
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

see my post re: JVBK and Collis Temple. ^^

He was gracious as long as they were winning. I think coach Eddie Fogler said that on a coaches show once...
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Oats has recently climbed my list of LOATHES
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Locked Previous topicNext topic