NCAA announces new president to succeed Mark Emmert; he's the current Massachusetts governor

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

NCAA announces new president to succeed Mark Emmert; he's the current Massachusetts governor

Post by BrentVU »

From politics to sports (where there's never any politics)... :roll:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... -president

Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Re: NCAA announces new president to succeed Mark Emmert; he's the current Massachusetts governor

Post by Johnmn555 »

Appointed to the throne by the Court Eunuchs? Actually, a pretender to the throne by definition at this point.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Re: NCAA announces new president to succeed Mark Emmert; he's the current Massachusetts governor

Post by FayetteDore »

Reminds me a little of one of his predecessors as Mass. governor, William Weld.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

I have no idea if he'll be any good or not, but picking someone like him who won a statewide election in a liberal state like Massachusetts as a Republican or someone like Tester in Montana who can win statewide as a Democrat in Montana are the type of leaders the NCAA needs. Levelheaded, reasonable people who can appeal to both sides to work together for common goods while still standing on their own principles and seeing the value in other's principles. I wish the Governor good luck, he is going to need it.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Talked to a good friend of mine today who is a very conservative republican in Boston. He is very involved in politics up there. He said the Governor was a friend of his and was a very good man. He thinks he will do a great job. I told him unless he strengthens and straightens out the enforcement division, he might as well stay in Boston.
thefan
Captain

What, a different useless....

Post by thefan »

bureaucrat?
Locked Previous topicNext topic