Let's checker out FirstBank vs UT IN BLACK & GOLD

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

VernalSoul
Seaman Recruit

Let's checker out FirstBank vs UT IN BLACK & GOLD

Post by VernalSoul »

Hello all! My name is Vernal. I'm a die hard Vanderbilt fan (first full-time season following the 'Dores) and I watch almost all of our major sports (including our soccer team).

So I'm sure you've seen the efforts of Vols fans trying to checker out FirstBank for the game in a couple weeks. Well, I had an idea. What if to counter this, we do the same thing but in black and gold. It would show A). yes, we have fans (I know, shocking!), B). Have a laugh at the Vols fans who think we can't even dream of such a thing, and C). If we win, it would make the victory so much sweeter.

Plus if nothing else, hyping up this idea will most definitely get us some extra Vandy fans in the seats!
I've attached the tweet with the plan (I think) to this post.

Anyways, besides that, I look forward to meeting many of you soon! Cheers!

[tweet][/tweet]

Nashmann
Admiral

Re: Let's checker out FirstBank vs UT IN BLACK & GOLD

Post by Nashmann »

Gold doesn't show real good...should be all black!
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
VernalSoul
Seaman Recruit

Post by VernalSoul »

That is true, a Blackout could also have similar effect. But the checkerboard is so we can further make fun of Tennessee if we can pull it off.
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

Too many Vanderbilt fans sell (or give) their tickets to UT fans. Then they have 90 percent of their fans in our stadium.
GrumpyOldDore
Ensign

Post by GrumpyOldDore »

If we do anything different, why not just let half their fans assist us with a "whiteout"? Otherwise, we may just look like another stadium packed with Gatorade coolers. (Goldore68, I would substitute "ticketholders" for "fans" in your post.)
GrumpyOldDore
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Another difficulty is that the vast majority of VU gear available is black, especially the cold weather fleece and heavier jackets. I have more black fleeces, sweats and tees than some retail outlets (including a Starter jacket for those of you old enough to know what I am talking about).
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Not enough Vandy fans throughout the stadium to do this. I suggest either a blackout or whiteout
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Let me give y'all a little insight into this that will ease any concerns you have about an orange-white checkerboarding of the stadium. It's doomed to failure.

1. There's a twitter war among a subset of UT fans over whether to try an orange & white checkerboard of Vandy stadium. More than half the tweets I see are arguing AGAINST trying this because it would be disrespectful of VU's senior day. I know this is hard for Charleston and Comma to believe but there ARE some honorable UT fans 8-) You might say that I know several :lol: 8-)

2. White is absurd because how many of you -- or they -- have white coats?

3. The stadium is a virtual sellout. Having watched the VU ticket site for weeks, I'm pretty sure that UT fans started buying up seats immediately after their Bama win. I think they're going to outnumber Vandy fans maybe 70-30, if not more. But they'll be dressed in orange or black (the color of most men's coats), and black is a VU color SO many of them will blend in with VU fans. (BTW, you can take some solace in the fact that VU is making a fortune off UT fans because they're doing "dynamic pricing," raising ticket prices with demand. The handful of seats left on the VU ticket site are now $175 plus $18.50 fee per ticket, up from about $90 per ticket earlier in the season for this game. By comparison, VU is selling tickets for the Florida game for $30.)

So, UT will have more fans there but I wouldn't worry about any orange and white checkerboarding. Some may try it but it will fall way short.
:lol:
Last edited by FayetteDore on Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

PS -- Let's turn out for the FLORIDA game and help push the 'Dores to a victory over the Gators! And THEN we'll worry about Nov. 26. (I don't mean this to be in any way disrespectful of VernalSoul and the others who posted here. I applaud your efforts!!)
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
Locked Previous topicNext topic