Florida opens as 15-point favorite

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Florida opens as 15-point favorite

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Your mileage, as always, may vary.

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: Florida opens as 15-point favorite

Post by dallasdore »

Whoa! I'm a betting guy and once again I'll take Vandy and the points! Their QB is over-rated. If our front 7 continue to improve as they have this season, we may even have a shot at a win.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

I think 15 points is being generous to Vandy. The Gators are 6-4 and unranked, but three of their four losses are to teams currently ranked in the Top Six... and they have a win over No. 10 Utah. They do have a home loss to Kentucky, but that was back in September in Billy Napier's second game, and when Will Levis was healthy. They are playing much better now... they had 374 RUSHING YARDS against South Carolina.
dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Post by dallasdore »

But they are inept at passing for the most part, which is how teams rack up yards and points against us.

I would bet a paycheck they won't have remotely close to 374 rushing yards against us.
Mrcommodore
Rear Admiral

Post by Mrcommodore »

Sure, they could beat us by 15. I wouldn't be knocked out of my chair if they beat us by 25. Sometimes our wheels come off. But are we as likely to lose by 15+ as less than 15? I don't think so. I'd put the number closer to 11. Our run defense has really improved and so has our ability to defend the long ball.
Locked Previous topicNext topic