Mike Wright

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Mike Wright

Post by LawoftheWest »

I am so happy for Mike Wright. He is a class representative of Vandy. He can have dinner at my house any time he is in my neighborhood. As an example of his class, he had a stellar interview after the game. He is intelligent, articulate and will be a success in whatever he does after graduation.

Wright played a very good game. Not perfect. Never is. But, he was prepared to run the offense.

Congratulations to Mike Wright, as well as the entire Vandy team and coaching staff, on the road win.

OldDude
Vice Admiral

Re: Mike Wright

Post by OldDude »

Agree. His interview was very professional and so mature. He makes a great impression as to what VU tries to be.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

you two never say die dore fans have said it very well. from what i could see on tv, our team acted happy but not ridiculously delerious about the win. they acted like they'd been there (sec win) before, which the overwhelming majority of them hadn't, of course. proud of those lads!
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

He's a good guy and has worked his butt off.
He exemplifies that being a solid character with integrity makes a far better leader than vanity-driven it's all about me narcissism. Unfortunately a much needed example right now.
When the coaches asked him to hold a clipboard he did it gracefully. When they asked him to win a game that the program desperately needed, he did that gracefully too.
You will never hear me say anything but good about Mike Wright.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Mike Wright has a special place in Vanderbilt folklore for many years to come. All due respect to AJ Swann but Mike Wright is the QB of this team.
Vandy_Law07
Lieutenant

Post by Vandy_Law07 »

Class leader, person- and athlete. So glad he'll always have a signature SEC (on the road v ranked opponent no less) Win to his name. True Commodore!
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

cc11316 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:52 pm Mike Wright has a special place in Vanderbilt folklore for many years to come. All due respect to AJ Swann but Mike Wright is the QB of this team.
I’ll trust Coach Lea to make the proper call as to who the QB of the team is going forward. For now at least Lea is the Man.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

If my team at work was full of Mike Wright's I would be the top performing team in the organization by 100 miles! The guy is just dedicated and a hard worker. Works hard to fulfill his role and stays ready for a bigger role when the opportunity presents itself.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

geeznotagain wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 pm
cc11316 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:52 pm Mike Wright has a special place in Vanderbilt folklore for many years to come. All due respect to AJ Swann but Mike Wright is the QB of this team.
I’ll trust Coach Lea to make the proper call as to who the QB of the team is going forward. For now at least Lea is the Man.
There can be a quarterback of the present and a quarterback of the future and they don't necessarily have to be the same guy.
Right now this team belongs to Wright.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

Mike Wright was the QB today. Mike Wright is a leader. No need to dismiss AJ.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

buffy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:19 pm
Mike Wright was the QB today. Mike Wright is a leader. No need to dismiss AJ.
The sentiment is not to dismiss AJ Swann but just acknowledge MIke Wright for his on-the-field and off-the-field contributions even when going from rep in Birmingham during SEC media days to QB #2 because of a bad first half against WF. They will need both and maybe even Seals as I hope Wright gets first opportunity during the final 2 games this season. Next year is a different story, may the best man win.
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

After Vanderbilt scored the go-ahead touchdown they showed Mike Wright on the sideline. It looked like he was repeatedly urging the offense to get to the sideline and cheer on their teammates on defense.
accent grave over the e
Troubadore
Rear Admiral

Post by Troubadore »

Mike Wright was the man yesterday, and represented the U, the team, and himself entirely with class.

I don't ever want to pit QBs against each other. Wright is good, Swann is good, Seals is good. I'd rather have three pitches than one to keep batters off-balance and guessing. If Wright is the fastball, Swann is the slider, and Seals is the curve, we're better with all three, and when's the last time we had three solid options at QB??
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

Swann is your optimal QB choice, but he needs to sit until next season. Heal up. Don't mess around with that head of his. Let Mike finish this season out.
dcdore
Admiral

Post by dcdore »

Link to Wright's post game comments?
Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Locked Previous topicNext topic