Just flipped to the Bama game, and

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Just flipped to the Bama game, and

Post by commadore »

Young just threw a TD pass. That isn't the news. There was 4:12 when the ball was snapped. He stood there, ran right, ran left and let go of the ball at 4:00. TWELVE seconds to get the ball off. Man I wish our QBs had half that. Can you even imagine?

coachinwaiting
Admiral

Re: Just flipped to the Bama game, and

Post by coachinwaiting »

commadore wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:39 pm Young just threw a TD pass. That isn't the news. There was 4:12 when the ball was snapped. He stood there, ran right, ran left and let go of the ball at 4:00. TWELVE seconds to get the ball off. Man I wish our QBs had half that. Can you even imagine?
Part of that is the OL, but a lot is Bryce Young and his calm demeanor. A lot of QB’s with that kind of time wouldn’t be able to take full advantage of it. That said, I think AJ Swann might have the qualities to do just that.

Today’s game against Mizzou was both disappointing and encouraging at the same time. The program has been allowed to sink to a level that will take mammoth effort to be successful, but it can happen.
Locked Previous topicNext topic