MU's 5-star freshman WR Luther Burden 'questionable' for VU game

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

MU's 5-star freshman WR Luther Burden 'questionable' for VU game

Post by BrentVU »

Last winter Missouri signed 5-star wide receiver Luther Burden out of St. Louis, a big catch for Eli Drinkwitz. Thus far he hasn't lived up to the high expectations, with only 18 receptions for 114 yards and 1 TD through six games. Drinkwitz said Tuesday that Burden is questionable for the Vandy game, and would be evaluated in practice this week.

QB Brady Cook has a big arm, but he has thrown only 8 TDs against 6 INTs in six games, and Missouri has had trouble protecting him at times. A.J. Swann has also thrown for 8 TDs (in four starts) but has no INTs yet.

vandy05
Vice Admiral

Re: MU's 5-star freshman WR Luther Burden 'questionable' for VU game

Post by vandy05 »

Ever the pessimist, his being out will probably lead them to quit forcing him the ball and find a star wideout against us. Please forgive my negativity...
BILTMORE
Fleet Admiral

Post by BILTMORE »

Some of my colleagues had the chance to work with Mr. Burden doing some publicity work.
They all really liked working with him. They spoke highly of his maturity, smarts and professionalism.
He hasn't quite broken out yet, but he's going to be a star player for Mizzou.
Hope the break out doesn't happen saturday - but I'm pretty sure it's coming soon.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Given that VU is still ranked next-to-last in passing yards allowed per game at 333 ypg (ahead of only Ohio), I worry we'll create a superstar out of someone, Luther Burden or not.

(Interestingly, Tennessee is ranked just ahead of Vandy, at 332 ypg, but they have allowed only 8 TDs through the air versus Vanderbilt's 20 <gulp>.)
Locked Previous topicNext topic