2024 PG Offer - Trent Perry

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

quasidiehardvandyfan
Ensign

2024 PG Offer - Trent Perry

Post by quasidiehardvandyfan »

Looks like a strong player out of Harvard Westlake - solid 4 star PG.

247 has him listed as a Combo Guard, but his twitter bio and VerbalCommits says PG. At 6'4, solid size.

Definitely one to keep an eye. Also, interesting that we're continuing to offer PGs with Bilal and West (2023), but I don't think we'd complain about a commitment from this guy.

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: 2024 PG Offer - Trent Perry

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Considering that guard is the team’s thinnest position at the moment, and seeing how frequently players utilize the transfer portal nowadays, I think offering quality guards is a smart move.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:00 pm Considering that guard is the team’s thinnest position at the moment, and seeing how frequently players utilize the transfer portal nowadays, I think offering quality guards is a smart move.
Sort of - our current issue is at the wing spot, which will be manned (based on what I've read) by some combination of Wright/Stute/Lawrence/Thomas and Shelby. Wright has eligibility beyond this season but could leave as it is his 4th year, and Thomas is a bit player. The only player in the classes of 21/22/23 that we have recruited at the wing spot (SG/SF) is Roberts. We do have Manjon, Thomas, Lawrence, Shelby and Lewis all of whom were recruited to play PG, and currently have West and Bilall in the upcoming two classes committed at the PG spot. A number of these player have the size to play the wing spot (Shelby, Lawrence, Bilal), but ideally we would want some pure scorers at the wing spot - maybe not necessarily as good as Jenkins, but someone who can develop like Foster/Byars/Taylor.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

We need ANYONE that can consistently shoot 3's!!! That is where the game has been going. Inside or inside out to the 3 pt shot.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Locked Previous topicNext topic