Hustler: Film Room - Getting Jayden McGowan reinvolved

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DonYates
Commodore

Hustler: Film Room - Getting Jayden McGowan reinvolved

Post by DonYates »

For Vanderbilt to go 3-1 on the season, the Commodores will need to win the turnover battle against Northern Illinois and continue to feed Jayden McGowan the ball.

The Commodores got pushed around by No. 23 Wake Forest on Sept. 10; the Demon Deacons infiltrated a Vanderbilt offense that hadn’t committed a turnover through two games. Vanderbilt quarterback Mike Wright’s first two performances looked to be the evidence Commodore fans needed to show that he is the perfect player to change the direction of the Vanderbilt football program.

More: https://vanderbilthustler.com/2022/09/1 ... hed-speed/

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Hustler: Film Room - Getting Jayden McGowan reinvolved

Post by Ndorefin »

I look for Wright to have a good, bounce-back game. I truly believe the wet conditions were the main problem with his play last week. As a “young” QB, facing the pressure of the defense, he appeared to lack confidence in his ball security which affected his whole game. I trust this is a learning experience and he should regain his confidence against NIU. Next week against Bama, I anticipate another poor performance and an early entrance for Swann to get him exposed to a huge dose of the level of competition he can expect from the SEC.
Locked Previous topicNext topic