Looks like Ole Miss first …

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

commadore
Admiral

Re: Looks like Ole Miss first …

Post by commadore »

Go Vandy! wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:31 pm The SEC should schedule this tourney on rain-free weeks!
May in Alabama isn't the best time to try to have rain free weeks. Maybe move it somewhere else.

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Of course i was joking. Hoover is the perfect location. Centrally located, they have the whole process down to a science. The only problem is when Bama plays Auburn. Then it's lined up like Bonnaroo.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Go Vandy! wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm Of course i was joking. Hoover is the perfect location. Centrally located, they have the whole process down to a science. The only problem is when Bama plays Auburn. Then it's lined up like Bonnaroo.
Like a mini Iron Bowl. I have been to 11 or 12 Iron Bowls and it is indeed crazy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Don't know what we are going to do when we have 16 teams. Probably the bottom four won't make it to tourney.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I hope our guys are getting some power naps in. Gonna be a long night.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

I grew up in North Alabama and I’ve been to Hoover more than a dozen times (close to 20 I guess). I can only remember a handful of times when the weather wasn’t horrible - forecast is always hot, rainy, hot AND rainy.

But I love going down there for the tourney. It’s such a great environment.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

vu2003rpl wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:09 pm I grew up in North Alabama and I’ve been to Hoover more than a dozen times (close to 20 I guess). I can only remember a handful of times when the weather wasn’t horrible - forecast is always hot, rainy, hot AND rainy.

It's been brutally hot every time I've been to the SEC baseball tournament.

But speaking of north Alabama, that Florence area must be the rain and thunderstorm capitol of the world. I stayed at that really nice Marriott and had a view of Wilson Dam. The floodgates were wide open every time I looked. It did create a cool looking mist the whole time though. But look at the weather radar when the south is getting pounded with storms and see if Florence/Muscle Shoals isn't getting some of the worst of it.

Their forecast for tonight: Wind gusts to 40 mph, torrential rainfall, and small hail. :roll:
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:17 pm
vu2003rpl wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:09 pm I grew up in North Alabama and I’ve been to Hoover more than a dozen times (close to 20 I guess). I can only remember a handful of times when the weather wasn’t horrible - forecast is always hot, rainy, hot AND rainy.

But speaking of north Alabama, that Florence area must be the rain and thunderstorm capitol of the world. I stayed at that really nice Marriott and had a view of Wilson Dam. The floodgates were wide open every time I looked. It did create a cool looking mist the whole time though. But look at the weather radar when the south is getting pounded with storms and see if Florence/Muscle Shoals isn't getting some of the worst of it.

Their forecast for tonight: Wind gusts to 40 mph, torrential rainfall, and small hail. :roll:
True fact: Montgomery, AL, gets a LOT more annual rain than Seattle.
Montgomery 51 inches
Seattle 37 inches.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

In today's age, you could have the tournament anywhere. They all have planes, plenty of fields. As people have mentioned the weather is god awful all the time for the SEC tourney in Hoover every year. Time to move it somewhere else. It's not a coincidence, it's a weather pattern this is not the best time of year for a SEC baseball tourney there.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

USC rallies for 1 in the top of the 9th to force extra innings. Further delaying the VU game. Darn it.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

I sure hate for the gators to win, but this game needs to end.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

commadore wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:28 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:17 pm

True fact: Montgomery, AL, gets a LOT more annual rain than Seattle.
Montgomery 51 inches
Seattle 37 inches.
Florence: 178 rainfall days for a total of 56 inches
No wonder there is a town nearby called "Waterloo"
Locked Previous topicNext topic