Mann's former PG just hit the portal

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Mann's former PG just hit the portal

Post by MrMemorial »

UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Re: Mann's former PG just hit the portal

Post by UltimateVUFan »

On a 31.4 minute per game average (in 31 games) this year he only averaged 1.2 assists to 1.4 turnovers. I really hope VU could find better at the PG spot.
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:10 pm On a 31.4 minute per game average (in 31 games) this year he only averaged 1.2 assists to 1.4 turnovers. I really hope VU could find better at the PG spot.
Well, that covers about a minute and a half. What did he do for the other 30 minutes ?
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

He's also a career 37% from three 82% at the FT line.

Scottie Jr is 34% from three and 76% at the line. (3.2 turnovers per game)

Terry would do in a pinch but first choice would be to have SPjr back.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

MrMemorial wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:02 pm He's also a career 37% from three 82% at the FT line.

Scottie Jr is 34% from three and 76% at the line. (3.2 turnovers per game)

Terry would do in a pinch but first choice would be to have SPjr back.
I saw 36.4 career, with his sophomore year being an outlier at 43.9, and freshman/junior seasons more the norm at 34.2 and 35.0. Drawing comparison to Pippen at all is silly as Pippen averages well over 4 assists per game and over 8 FTA per game vs. 2.7 for Terry.
Again, even if SPJ isn’t an option, VU can do better than Terry.
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

I don't know that I would classify him as a point guard, his profile looks like a shooting guard to me. That said, he seems pretty efficient and a good shooter who has the ability to make shots from both sides of the arc. Also got to the line and made his FT shots. A little undersized for the off-guard spot but not terribly so.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Jason94 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:29 am
I don't know that I would classify him as a point guard, his profile looks like a shooting guard to me. That said, he seems pretty efficient and a good shooter who has the ability to make shots from both sides of the arc. Also got to the line and made his FT shots. A little undersized for the off-guard spot but not terribly so.
Will Richard just hit the portal. It's filling up faster than can be kept up with. Thread on Richard is up.

The way I count, we are only going to have one extra slot if SPjr hires an agent and the likely transfers happen. If any of the likely transfers don't happen... the roster for next season will be set in stone?
Jason94
Admiral

Post by Jason94 »

MrMemorial wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:33 am
Jason94 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:29 am
Will Richard just hit the portal. It's filling up faster than can be kept up with. Thread on Richard is up.

The way I count, we are only going to have one extra slot if SPjr hires an agent and the likely transfers happen. If any of the likely transfers don't happen... the roster for next season will be set in stone?
Richard will get a chance somewhere - probably at the high major level - really good freshman season. Good size and his FT% suggests he will hit a higher percentage of threes at some point. Good rebounding/steal/block rates as well. Hit over 60% of his two point shots which is really impressive for a non-post player.
Locked Previous topicNext topic