Sunday's SEC Schedule (Results)

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Sunday's SEC Schedule (Results)

Post by MikeADore »

Every seeding position still up for grabs except 1 (South Carolina) and 14 (Auburn). The big battle is between Tennessee, Florida and Ole Miss. Two of those three will finish in the top four and get a two-round bye. The other team will finish fifth and get a one-round bye. It's a tall order for Ole Miss. They have to beat South Carolina to get into the top four.

As for Vandy, we can finish with the 11 seed and play Auburn if the following happens:

* We beat Alabama
* Texas A&m loses at Georgia
* Florida finishes ahead of Tennessee

We need A&m to lose and stay out of a three-way tie with us and Alabama. If that happens, Bama wins the tie breaker with a 2-1 record against Vandy and A&M. If we finish in a tie with just Bama, the tie breaker goes to who beat the higher seeded team. We beat Florida, Bama beat UT, so we need Florida to finish ahead of UT to get the tie breaker.

If all that doesn't happen, we'll open the tourney against A&M at 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Easy. :lol:

11:00 Missouri at (15) Florida SEC Network
1:00 (8) LSU at (16) Tennessee ESPN2
1:00 (1) South Carolina at Ole Miss SEC Network
1:00 Texas A&M at (25) Georgia SEC+
2:00 Vanderbilt at Alabama SEC+
3:00 Auburn at Kentucky SEC Network
5:00 Arkansas at Mississippi State SEC Network
Last edited by MikeADore on Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Re: Sunday's SEC Schedule (Regular Season Finale)

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

MikeADore wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:23 pm Every seeding position still up for grabs except 1 (South Carolina) and 14 (Auburn). The big battle is between Tennessee, Florida and Ole Miss. Two of those three will finish in the top four and get a two-round bye. The other team will finish fifth and get a one-round bye. It's a tall order for Ole Miss. They have to beat South Carolina to get into the top four.

As for Vandy, we can finish with the 11 seed and play Auburn if the following happens:

* We beat Alabama

We need A&m to lose and stay out of a three-way tie with us and Alabama. If that happens, Bama wins the tie breaker with a 2-1 record against Vandy and A&M. If we finish in a tie with just Bama, the tie breaker goes to who beat the higher seeded team. We beat Florida, Bama beat UT, so we need Florida to finish ahead of UT to get the tie breaker.

If all that doesn't happen, we'll open the tourney against A&M at 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Thanks for the good information. Much appreciated.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Yikes. Missouri used a 19-2 run to lead Florida by seven at the half in Gainesville. I like Missouri, but I want Florida to do well. Their story has been fun to follow this year. I hope we didn't break their spirit with the win Thursday. Kind of like when our football team beats somebody and they fire the coach the next week. :shock:
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Vols down 20-9 to LSU. Autumn Newby has 10 for the Tigers early. UT had to call a time out, and I actually heard a few boos in the arena. Life is good.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Dickeys Nightmare wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:09 am
MikeADore wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:23 pm Every seeding position still up for grabs except 1 (South Carolina) and 14 (Auburn). The big battle is between Tennessee, Florida and Ole Miss. Two of those three will finish in the top four and get a two-round bye. The other team will finish fifth and get a one-round bye. It's a tall order for Ole Miss. They have to beat South Carolina to get into the top four.

* We beat Alabama

Thanks for the good information. Much appreciated.
Unfortunately, Florida's loss wipes out any chance for us to win the tie breaker and gain the 11 seed in the tourney. Still, if we can beat Bama, we'll finish tied for 11th in the conference standings. It's just that they get the tourney seed above us.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Sunday's SEC Schedule (Results)

Post by MikeADore »

Missouri at (15) Florida……….Missouri 78-73
(8) LSU at (16) Tennessee……….LSU 57-54
(1) South Carolina at Ole Miss……….South Carolina 71-57
Texas A&M at (25) Georgia……….Georgia 67-58
Vanderbilt at Alabama……….Alabama 77-71
Auburn at Kentucky……….Kentucky 90-62
Arkansas at Mississippi State……….Arkansas 87-79
Versus75
Admiral

Looks like our path to SECT championship is ...

Post by Versus75 »

... Texas A&M, Florida, Ole Miss, South Carolina and then LSU or Tennessee.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Looks like our path to SECT championship is ...

Post by MikeADore »

Versus75 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm ... Texas A&M, Florida, Ole Miss, South Carolina and then LSU or Tennessee.
Yep. We screwed up. I was hoping to get in the opposite bracket from South Carolina so we wouldn't have to face them until the finals. ;)
VandyWhit
Site Admin

Post by VandyWhit »

MikeADore wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:18 pm
Versus75 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm ... Texas A&M, Florida, Ole Miss, South Carolina and then LSU or Tennessee.
Yep. We screwed up. I was hoping to get in the opposite bracket from South Carolina so we wouldn't have to face them until the finals. ;)
Not to sound too pessimistic, but if we get as far as playing SC, I'll consider the SECT quite a success.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyWhit wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:23 pm
MikeADore wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:18 pm
Not to sound too pessimistic, but if we get as far as playing SC, I'll consider the SECT quite a success.
lol...yeah. That winky face I put at the end of my post probably is not a clear enough indication of how much I was kidding. :oops:
Locked Previous topicNext topic