Impressed with Coach Lea

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

dcdore
Admiral

Impressed with Coach Lea

Post by dcdore »

He quickly filled spots that came open - almost like he knew who he was going to pursue for each of the positions. I realize these were "only" position coaches, but it indicates to me a level of preparedness we haven't seen in a head coach for the past several years.

Always hopeful; rarely optimistic. @GAD
Seadog73
Admiral

Re: Impressed with Coach Lea

Post by Seadog73 »

I know I have been off-line for much of the holidays, but I have looked and found no announcements about replacing the DL coach who moved. Can someone please catch me up?

Update: I have found Auric's posts now. TO quote the great Gilda Radnor "Never mind"
dore74
Vice Admiral

Post by dore74 »

Agree, his post season results have been very positive.
The opening loss to ETSU and his stoicism on the sidelines, particularly early in the season, had me a concerned. But as the season wore on i felt increasingly confident in the hire. And the recruiting class and position coaching replacements have cemented it. Hopefully we can pick up a transfer or two (or three or more) this winter and have a much more successful '22 season.
I'm hoping to see Coach Lea at the helm for many years to come.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I'm really curious what he does with the OC position. I'm not assuming there won't be additional changes--I could see a guy like Raih going back to the NFL--but at the least will Lea do anything to make "official" the change that was adopted just prior to the start of the season?
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:04 pm I'm really curious what he does with the OC position. I'm not assuming there won't be additional changes--I could see a guy like Raih going back to the NFL--but at the least will Lea do anything to make "official" the change that was adopted just prior to the start of the season?
Think he might be waiting on a bowl game to be played?
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

I think he was a great find and catch. He seems to be mentally tough and that should be contagious for his team and coaches!
Locked Previous topicNext topic