How many can we take this class?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

CPerk
Lieutenant

How many can we take this class?

Post by CPerk »

Anyone know? I believe we're up to around 24 commits.

Golddore68
Admiral

Re: How many can we take this class?

Post by Golddore68 »

If we do like every other SEC team, we’ll keep signing up to 30 plus. We always see every other SEC team having 30 + signees in National Signing Day and Vanderbilt with 20-25.

In fact I remember some of Bobby Johnson’s classes were around 15.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

I think I read there are new rules. My understanding is that the team can take up to something like 32 players, 7 of whom replace portal transfers out. It almost takes a PhD to understand all of this. :?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

LawoftheWest wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:58 pm I think I read there are new rules. My understanding is that the team can take up to something like 32 players, 7 of whom replace portal transfers out. It almost takes a PhD to understand all of this. :?
Wouldn't it be 25 plus up to 7 transfers out less transfers in.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

You can count earl enrollees on last years quotas if you did not use your limits also.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
belair
Rear Admiral

Post by belair »

I believe we can take up to 27 freshman. The 25 plus 2 credit for early enrollees. You are allowed a portal transfer for each that leave to a maximum of 7. So theoretically we could take in 34 total.
However max scholarships are 85. Taking this many would require more to be off the current roster.
This gets in to the sketchy area. Many programs would just drop some guys. That has not been our way and from an integrity standpoint I agree with that. Would there be nudging to the portal? Perhaps.
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

belair wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:12 am I believe we can take up to 27 freshman. The 25 plus 2 credit for early enrollees. You are allowed a portal transfer for each that leave to a maximum of 7. So theoretically we could take in 34 total.
However max scholarships are 85. Taking this many would require more to be off the current roster.
This gets in to the sketchy area. Many programs would just drop some guys. That has not been our way and from an integrity standpoint I agree with that. Would there be nudging to the portal? Perhaps.
Do you know how many scholarships are available if there is no more attrition from existing players? We have 24 commits, but only 7 on the lines. That would be good to fill in with some transfers, because I don't think any of the OL commits will be ready to play next year, and OL was one of the biggest weaknesses.
Locked Previous topicNext topic