Zac Stacy

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Laelhi
Seaman Recruit

Zac Stacy

Post by Laelhi »

Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Re: Zac Stacy

Post by Johnmn555 »

Some of our players aren't what we think they are.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

That is really sad. After all the stories about his brother with Down Syndrome he was painted as a loving, gentle guy. But now this. What can you say, other than I hope he enjoys jail.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

This makes me very sad. Damnit.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

gut-wrenching.....et tu Brute... sad, very sad.....
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

Johnmn555 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:16 am Some of our players aren't what we think they are.
I think that's what makes this one so hard - Zac always seemed like a solid citizen and really good guy.

Or maybe it shows that even good guys are capable of totally abhorrent behavior if they don't stay on the right path. Above all I think it's important to stay connected to other men who are solid citizens and will hold us accountable for the kind of small misdeeds we all make - so we don't move on to bigger and bigger misdeeds.

We'd all like to say "I'd never do anything like that!" But you take me as a 21 year old and give me a few million dollars, an entourage of sycophants constantly telling me how awesome I am regardless of my actual behavior, and lifelong involvement in an adrenaline high sport in front of tens of thousands of cheering fans - then take those adrenaline highs and cheering crowds away - not to mention an unknown number of concussions - and I honestly can't say what kind of man I'd be after all that.

I hope Zac will experience firm accountability and realize he needs to make some fundamental changes in who he is (or who he has become).

Barring that, I hope his ex- and his kid can stay safe.
Seeing her head hit the table like that - this could easily have wound up as a murder if her head/neck hit at just the wrong angle.
vandy05
Vice Admiral

Post by vandy05 »

That is some scary stuff. I hear what you're saying, but I can say affirmatively I would never smack a woman in the head multiple times and throw her into a TV in front of my kids no less, no matter how much money I have.

Absolutely abhorrent behavior aggravated by it being done in front of his child. Sickening.

Of course none of us can see if that's who he always was or who he has become, but there have to be consequences for his actions and hopefully a change for the better.
Johnmn555
Rear Admiral

Post by Johnmn555 »

Zac on the run. Thought to possibly be in Nashville area. Keep a lookout.
https://nypost.com/2021/11/18/ex-jet-za ... eating-ex/
DannyJoe
Seaman

Post by DannyJoe »

alathIN wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:44 am
Johnmn555 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:16 am Some of our players aren't what we think they are.

We'd all like to say "I'd never do anything like that!" But you take me as a 21 year old and give me a few million dollars, an entourage of sycophants constantly telling me how awesome I am regardless of my actual behavior, and lifelong involvement in an adrenaline high sport in front of tens of thousands of cheering fans - then take those adrenaline highs and cheering crowds away - not to mention an unknown number of concussions - and I honestly can't say what kind of man I'd be after all that.

Zac is 30 years old and hasn't played in the NFL for 5 years, where he made a total of 1.7 mm over a 3 year span. So lets throw out the "at 21 years old and a few million dollars" excuse.

The lady he assaulted says he drives a 2020/2021 Kia and that he is on the run.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/18/zac-stac ... -violence/
"I don't know why his friends are hiding him," the woman said in a video message Thursday. "If you see him -- he drives a white Kia Optima, a 2020 I believe or a 2021."
Devonte Adams stated it correctly.
thefan
Captain

Another

Post by thefan »

"Hate Crime"!
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

My heart goes out to all concerned. It makes me sick to see young people make horrible decisions/mistakes. I hope Zac can face what he has done, seek forgiveness/repentance and take whatever punishment is coming his way.
alathIN
Rear Admiral

Post by alathIN »

DannyJoe wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:51 pm
Zac is 30 years old and hasn't played in the NFL for 5 years, where he made a total of 1.7 mm over a 3 year span. So lets throw out the "at 21 years old and a few million dollars" excuse.
I'm not excusing anything. Everyone is responsible for whatever they do.

He obviously has made some bad decisions and headed down multiple wrong paths to get to where he is now.
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

Maybe the worst news Vanderbilt fans have received since you-know-what.

Awful, just awful.

Zac needs to head to the nearest police station.

Let's hope that the woman and the toddler recover from this.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

football is a violent sport and attracts aggressive and sometimes violent people. some of those people (and their family/others) suffer from the after-effects of their involvement in the sport (concussions, etc.) and some were probably destined to be aggressive/violent in any interaction with others. stacy's actions are reprehensible and disappointing, but shouldn't be terribly surprising imho.
docdore
Vice Admiral

Post by docdore »

football is a violent sport and attracts aggressive and sometimes violent people. some of those people (and their family/others) suffer from the after-effects of their involvement in the sport (concussions, etc.) and some were probably destined to be aggressive/violent in any interaction with others. stacy's actions are reprehensible and disappointing, but shouldn't be terribly surprising imho.
jpmando
Commander

Post by jpmando »

Sorry I played lots of sports aggressively . Never beat up any women, even in the worst of times.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Any man who would batter a woman has lost all right to call himself a man. And the same goes for "friends" who know what's going on and just stand around like furniture.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

This is so sad. Top 2-3 favorite player of all time. Was held up as such a good example. Obviously, a great player.

I just feel… I don’t know… betrayed in some way.

What a horrible thing to do. No excuses. Awful. Awful. Offense Must go to jail. Seeing a lot of tweets predicting that he’ll kill himself. I hope not. Strangely. For a guy I never even met. I just feel gutted.
bernstml19
Lieutenant

Post by bernstml19 »

Lol davante Adams "thrown under the Jail".

Cancel sports all together. I will root for the compsci department hackathon.
LawoftheWest
Vice Admiral

Post by LawoftheWest »

Some NFL players, even those who played with Zac, say only a coward hits a woman. Apparently his actions were recorded. If so, there can be no dispute. All Vandy fans are disappointed and disgusted. Yes, football is a violent sport. Even so, there can be no excuse whatsoever if the descriptions are anywhere close to true. He may get something like five years or more in prison for his violent assault on a defenseless woman.
Locked Previous topicNext topic