More from AD Lee on the facilities plans

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

More from AD Lee on the facilities plans

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Confirming what I'd heard elsewhere, apparently the basketball facility will be first in line:

https://247sports.com/college/vanderbil ... 175314847/

commadore
Admiral

Re: More from AD Lee on the facilities plans

Post by commadore »

It is going to be great to have all these wonderful facilities with no fans in the stands. Between digital tickets and cashless concession stands, they have made a good start on running off every kid and over 65 person. What is next? Everyone has to take a covid test on the spot despite vaccination status before entry?
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

commadore wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:00 pm It is going to be great to have all these wonderful facilities with no fans in the stands. Between digital tickets and cashless concession stands, they have made a good start on running off every kid and over 65 person. What is next? Everyone has to take a covid test on the spot despite vaccination status before entry?
While I support covid measures, after all this is a life & death issue, literally.... I don't like the end of paper tickets and one more thing I need to bring up.

$40 each face value end zone seats when we play Mississippi Valley State on the Monday night after Thanksgiving? Seriously? They are projected to finish 5-24 this season and around the bottom of all 350+ D-1 teams. Who thought up THOSE ticket prices? They must have confused MsValleySt. with Kentucky.
Gambit
Ensign

Post by Gambit »

What is the issue with paperless tickets? How many fans that don’t have a smart phone are they running off?

I live in DC and the Wizards/Caps/Nationals have been paperless for years. I think it’s purpose is to force scalpers to use Ticketmaster or StubHub or whatever platform their league is in bed with, rather than random blockers harassing people on street corners.

Vandy may have poor attendance, but that is much more a result of the products on the field/floor lately + the other temptations Nashville has, with Titans, Preds, MLS, and a little music now and then. Much more than little issues like digital tickets and cashless vendors. Vandy is a small university that is really out of alignment with the college sports culture in the South. It just doesn’t graduate 8,000 kids, most of whom are from in state, who can fill the stadiums every night. As much as I love Memorial, I’d prefer they shrink it down to something like the size of Cameron Indoor or Hinkle Fieldhouse.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

Gambit wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:57 pm What is the issue with paperless tickets? How many fans that don’t have a smart phone are they running off?

I live in DC and the Wizards/Caps/Nationals have been paperless for years. I think it’s purpose is to force scalpers to use Ticketmaster or StubHub or whatever platform their league is in bed with, rather than random blockers harassing people on street corners.

Vandy may have poor attendance, but that is much more a result of the products on the field/floor lately + the other temptations Nashville has, with Titans, Preds, MLS, and a little music now and then. Much more than little issues like digital tickets and cashless vendors. Vandy is a small university that is really out of alignment with the college sports culture in the South. It just doesn’t graduate 8,000 kids, most of whom are from in state, who can fill the stadiums every night. As much as I love Memorial, I’d prefer they shrink it down to something like the size of Cameron Indoor or Hinkle Fieldhouse.
Get rid of the bleacher seats and install chairbacks.
CrimeDore
Captain

Post by CrimeDore »

Digital tickets and cashless concessions are becoming industry standard. That’s not a Vanderbilt issue; that’s just where the sports/ entertainment world is going.
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

CrimeDore wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:13 pm Digital tickets and cashless concessions are becoming industry standard. That’s not a Vanderbilt issue; that’s just where the sports/ entertainment world is going.
Exactly. Most venues are now digital and I bet you don't have many folks at UGA skipping games because they can't get paper tickets.
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

UGA has a winning team year after year. No comparison. People just complaining not stopping folks from going. Now the stupid vax thing is a different story especially since Bridgestone & Predators not doing it. Better change soon before fans dwindle even more.
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

Per State of Texas Human & Health Services Dept. --> From Jan. 15, 2021 to Oct. 1, 2021, unvaccinated people were 40 times more likely to experience COVID-19-associated death than fully vaccinated people, thus staying on the cautious side is a good thing. The NHL is big business and the bottom line is everything. If a hockey fan dies, no big whoop to them, cost of doing business. All NCAA schools on the other hand except one (Grand Canyon) are non-profit. (per ESPN reports)
OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

Have to agree with Nashmann. Give Vandy fans Georgia's record year in and year out, and we would gleefully haul tickets chiseled in granite to the games.
Locked Previous topicNext topic