New facility plans and renderings released

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

New facility plans and renderings released

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

frstev17
Captain

Re: New facility plans and renderings released

Post by frstev17 »

I was quite upset that the entrance and exit to Memorial from the south end of the stadium were closed. After seeing these renderings and assuming construction begins sometime after this Saturday, I’m no longer upset. That area will be a construction site. The new football center and the south end zone rebuild look absolutely awesome.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Best thing I heard out of this is "beginning with a 300,000,000 million expansion." Strongly implies this is just phase one. Also made another statement later saying "these initial projects represent the beginning of our boldest chapter yet."
Can't wait to see these and phase TWO!
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Post by MemorialMagic »

These look awesome.

One nit... if they are going to close off Jess Neely, I would think they would expand the first base line. Seems like a massive opportunity to get either more premium infield seating, more foul territory, connect outfield to infield, or maybe all 3.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

MemorialMagic wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:57 pm These look awesome.

One nit... if they are going to close off Jess Neely, I would think they would expand the first base line. Seems like a massive opportunity to get either more premium infield seating, more foul territory, connect outfield to infield, or maybe all 3.
Somewhere along the line, I think the words "Closed to through traffic" were leaked out.

Taken to mean - still ok for delivery trucks, opponents bus, pedestrians. To take step further, not sure how much room that would leave for increased baseball facilities. I would love to see more infield reserved seating myself. Maybe they could even give the whistler his own outfield section where nobody can hear him.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

MrMemorial wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:22 pm
MemorialMagic wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:57 pm These look awesome.

Somewhere along the line, I think the words "Closed to through traffic" were leaked out.

Taken to mean - still ok for delivery trucks, opponents bus, pedestrians. To take step further, not sure how much room that would leave for increased baseball facilities. I would love to see more infield reserved seating myself. Maybe they could even give the whistler his own outfield section where nobody can hear him.
These are good points. I'd love to see a walkway around the first base side to connect all parts of the Hawk. I'd also like to see the sight lines of the right field foul territory and the foul pole enhanced for television. Right now, balls disappear from view if they are hit in that direction.
Locked Previous topicNext topic