Vanderbilt radio affiliates

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

CoachH
Petty Officer

Vanderbilt radio affiliates

Post by CoachH »

Why is it that Vanderbilt cannot secure a quality radio station , that has a strong signal, to carry its athletics? I know that this is the age of technology and that games can be streamed over the internet but it would sure be nice to be able to pick up the games on your car radio! As it is the radio stations that we have do not have a strong enough to be picked up outside the immediate Nashville city limits. Many older fans are not able to use computers to get the games and radio would vastly help their ability to follow games. It is all but impossible to pick up baseball games at all.
I really mis Joe Fisher! His new replacement is horrible!

cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Re: Vanderbilt radio affiliates

Post by cjdore »

In Nashville area 93.3 FM and 101.9 FM........Cannot we get either 102,5 or 104.5 or even 1510 AM
thefan
Captain

Post by thefan »

The reception just across the Rutherford County line was pitiful by SEC standards. I think two cans and a string might have been more feasible!
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

I was just in Wilson County right over the Davidson line and 93.3 FM came in very faintly as I kept thinking maybe it's 93.1 or 93.5. I read where the transmitter is actually located off Nesbitt Lane which is just 10 miles or so from where I was located Saturday night. I do miss the WLAC days when I could hear Vandy basketball games ... in Columbus Ohio.

Then I got to thinking that someone is a genius to limit this broadcast to like a 5 mile vicinity while the program is in this state.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Heck I miss the WSM days with Larry Munson, and I eill never go back to the Dud with the OA announcer we have now and the incessant blaring music that makes it impossible to talk to the person next to you.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

I can actually listen to St. Louis Cardinals night games in the car on KMOX....however with the current state of the redbirds depleted pitching taking them out of the wildcard race in a very un-Cardinals-like way, maybe it would be better to not pick them us either right now. But I still stream them in the house (on the Paducah KY station even here in middle TN)... sports loyalty dies hard - as I listen to the Dodgers tie the game in the 4th.

If an old guy like me can find a way to stream my favorite MLB team from a station in Po-dunk, people can figure out how to stream even in the car. I listened to middle TN high school football on a Friday night once while driving between Rochester NY and Erie PA in a Hyundai Elantra rental car.
Dorewithaflare
Vice Admiral

Post by Dorewithaflare »

They don't give a crap, just cheapest way out. Thats Vandy
JWCommodore
Rear Admiral

Post by JWCommodore »

I could not agree more with the OP, very sad indeed and not the way to build a fanbase. So Kevin Ingram is not doing the Football games, it's the new guy?
Locked Previous topicNext topic