Hickman weathers early outburst to lead Dores to national title

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Lundy
Captain

Hickman weathers early outburst to lead Dores to national title

Post by Lundy »

Vandy's Mason Hickman weathers early outburst to lead Dores to national title

Wayne McGahee III, Tallahassee Democrat @ 1:48 p.m. CT June 27, 2019

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 517957001/

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Hickman weathers early outburst to lead Dores to national title

Post by Ndorefin »

Hickman has been a true unsung hero of our post season run....he certainly has not been given the props he deserves. Rocker has pitched brilliantly and has been “rewarded”, but with the struggles Fellows showed, we wouldn’t have made it without Hickman. His last 2 outings have been masterful and it concerned me when he was removed after 6 in both games, as the opponents showed no signs of getting to him. He should have had the win against Louisville as he left after 6 leading 1-0. Eders gives up 2 runs and gets the win after we rallied. He left the Duke game after 4 leading 10-2 and Raby gets the win after relieving him for 2 innings. These wins would have made his record 11-0 with an ERA of 2.05, which is worthy of some preseason recognition for next year.

Another observation....I’ll admit I utilize the mute button on my tv liberally, but the broadcasters continued to mention the fact Kauffmann was pitching on 4 days rest, but I didn’t hear them mention Hickman was, as well, and they threw the same number of pitches last Friday :roll:
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

An ERA of 2.05 is still an ERA of 2.05 - Hickman will be pre-season All-American as will Rocker, Tyler Brown, and Austin Martin.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

Phillip Clarke May be, as well, if he returns.
Locked Previous topicNext topic