Can anyone find a Duke Baseball forum?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Versus75
Admiral

Can anyone find a Duke Baseball forum?

Post by Versus75 »

Devil Insider, a premium Rivals forum, seems geared toward men's basketball with subjects such as: "Who's your break out player this year?"
https://duke.forums.rivals.com/forums/devil-insider.10/

www.duke-forum.com has a list of non-basketball/football categories called The Banana Stand. (Huh?)
But then the page starts out with: "Like reading the board? Join the conversation. Let us know how you feel about Duke Basketball!"

The links all appear to be dead, but I did find one about a woman bobsledder trying out for the 2014 Olympic team: http://www.duke-forum.com/forum/index.p ... ports.131/

Wait a minute! Here's a forum thread about 2019 Duke Baseball. But the latest post was from November, 2018.

Can anyone point me to a decent Duke Baseball forum?

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Re: Inside info

Post by charlestonalum »

Our daughter teaches at Durham Academy and has taught the kids of their coach: she is the advisor of their youngest boy and she says the coach is a good guy and comes to the meetings. Our daughter has a VU degree so I hope she is supporting the right ones in this game. Her husband attended both VU and Duke and is a big Duke fan. That's all I know.
VandyfanKY
Lieutenant

Re: Can anyone find a Duke Baseball forum?

Post by VandyfanKY »

Closest I found was www.balldurham.com, which has a baseball forum. There is an article from three days ago about the super regional in Nashville, but no comments have been posted.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

They will bring about 100 fans to the games, so it will be a decidedly pro Vandy crowd.
StarTraveler
Commander

Post by StarTraveler »

Duke's known as a basketball school and baseball isn't basketball?

Seriously, looking at the Duke Baseball Wikipedia page (which isn't completely updated), it looks like their program had a very long dry spell until Coach Pollard arrived in 2013 and that it's taken him several years to get to where they are now. He's taken them to three Regionals (2016, 2018, and 2019) and now two Super Regional (2018 and 2019) for the first time since they made the CWS in 1961 (2 other appearances in 1952 and 1953).

With an alumni situation similar to Vandy's, they're probably trying to build their baseball fanbase at the local level in a manner somewhat similar to our situation with our football fanbase.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I have a friend of mine who's a big Duke fan and spends a lot of time on message boards. Even he can't find anyone discussing Duke baseball online.
ANCHORDOWN1
Rear Admiral

Post by ANCHORDOWN1 »

Former Dukie here (parents went there, so I grew up a Duke fan before going to Vandy)-

dukebasketballreport.com is where I used to go to discuss all Duke sports, even sports other than basketball. But, of course, back then, there was no attention on their baseball program, so I'm not sure if they have a thread there for it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic