Game tonight

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

jimmybenton
Seaman

Game tonight

Post by jimmybenton »

Worried about the game tonight seems like the same as 2007 we played apu first game. They had a pitcher really good we barely won. But it wore us out we may win or not but instead of having a cake walk like we should have we are hard pressed to win we got a very bad draw then. I just hope it didn't happen again

Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Re: Game tonight

Post by Good2BGold »

jimmybenton wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:27 am Worried about the game tonight seems like the same as 2007 we played apu first game. They had a pitcher really good we barely won. But it wore us out we may win or not but instead of having a cake walk like we should have we are hard pressed to win we got a very bad draw then. I just hope it didn't happen again
That was then, this is now. I don't know what it is with people on this board worrying about something twelve years ago involving completely different teams. Talk about Same Ole Vanderbilt fans. Commodore baseball has come a long way since 2007, the first time the school ever hosted a regional. We were newbies then, now we're not. If anyone doubted the resolve of this team, that doubt should have been answered in the championship game of the SEC tourney last Sunday. We've got this. Relax.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

With the exception of David Price, today's talent WAY surpasses the 2007 team.
jimmybenton
Seaman

Post by jimmybenton »

Hope your right and I'm way wrong
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

commadore wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:10 am With the exception of David Price, today's talent WAY surpasses the 2007 team.
Much, much deeper, but that team had Pedro Alvarez and Mike Minor. Price and Minor were better than anyone in our rotation this year.
Haptown
Lieutenant

Post by Haptown »

The 2007 team played 6 games in the SEC tournament as they come out of the loser's bracket. This also included playing 2 games on Sat. They were mentally tired, and maybe physically tired, and their play in the Regionals was less than inspired.
Good2BGold
Vice Admiral

Post by Good2BGold »

Commodoredave wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:23 am
commadore wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:10 am With the exception of David Price, today's talent WAY surpasses the 2007 team.
Much, much deeper, but that team had Pedro Alvarez and Mike Minor. Price and Minor were better than anyone in our rotation this year.
That team also had Ryan Flaherty and Casey Weathers.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

And this year we have Martin, Bleday, Paul, Scott, Clark, Demarco, Fellows, Rocker, Brown, Hickman, and Raby. I'll take these guys.
I remember that SEC tourney well. Had taken Ben that Saturday and we sat through the hottest game I have ever seen. Went to the mall between sessions and ran into the team eating lunch there. They all high fived Ben and he was a baseball fanatic forever. Went back to the second game and VU's section was in the sun. We fried that game until the sun went down. Went home after the victory wondering how we'd ever win on Sunday, as we have no pitching left. We did, however, and we did win. A great experience, though a HOT one.
vandybrad
Commander

Post by vandybrad »

Good grief guys. This is the best hitting team top to bottom that we have had in like, forever! Quit being Debbie Downers. This team is on a mission. Bring em on, all of them. As the song goes, "Dont worry, Be Happy!"
Locked Previous topicNext topic