Making my first trip to Hoover

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

ANCHORDOWN1
Rear Admiral

Making my first trip to Hoover

Post by ANCHORDOWN1 »

I live and work in Franklin and should get off around 2 this afternoon for the holiday weekend. As soon as I do, I have decided to get in the car and drive down to Hoover (I already bought tickets and a hotel). I'll be able to stay for the semifinals, but I can't stay for the finals.

I'm excited, but what should I expect (other than 96 degree temperatures)?

Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Making my first trip to Hoover

Post by Titans309fan »

My wife and I actually moved to Hoover soon after college graduation and getting married (25 years ago). We were there only a year, but at least we got to see Michael Jordan play baseball. :)

There isn't a lot to do in the area besides for the Riverchase Galleria Mall (which is huge). But it is still a nice area.

I have only been to the SEC tourney once (though I may go Sunday if Vandy makes it there), and I recall the crowds being very friendly. I am curious about all the renovations and how it has improved the stadium.

I hope you have a good time.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Game advice: When you park, be sure to note where you are, as it is a huge parking lot and if you forget you could be there a while.
vu2003rpl
Captain

Post by vu2003rpl »

Stuff close to the Met:
- when you go out of the Met - directly across Hwy 150 is a Publix for your tailgating needs. lots of people tailgating in the lots ahead of games (unless they've outlawed that in the last couple years)
- most everything around the galleria is your typical "mall / suburb" fare
- some nice restaurants in an area called Moss Rock Preserve that are in a really nice setting and only about 7 minutes from the Met ... Vecchia is a great pizza place with outdoor seating
- bring sunscreen / big hat / fan - the only shade is up close to the top of the seats and it gets crowded with other people trying to stay out of the sun
- never been to that new "fan fare" thing but it looks pretty cool, especially for little ones
- commadore is spot on about the parking lot. not sure what it is, but for some reason it seems easier to lose your car than in your typical stadium lot
- last time I went, you could bring in bottles of water, but check if that's still allowed (I've not been to the tournament in a couple years... I travel to BHAM a ton but can never seem to time it right for the SECT)
Locked Previous topicNext topic