Vanderbilt-Wake Forest game thread

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Vanderbilt-Wake Forest game thread

Post by Go Vandy! »

Uh-oh Ala 17 UT 16 3:55 4th

EagleDore
Rear Admiral

Post by EagleDore »

Well, Wake is a top 25 team who can stop the running QB who is an average thrower. Result is disappointing but not surprising. We've got a lot of work to do. It's going to be interesting to see the call Coach makes on QB next game.
DonYates
Commodore

Post by DonYates »

Vandy falls to Wake 45-25.
DonYates
Commodore

Post by DonYates »

I'd like to see some kind of shakeup next week at Northern ILL. Start some of the backups in place of the veterans. Need this as an attention-getter. You can lose your starting position.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

what has killed us the last 2 games is our thin (personnel wise) defense and today the offense made killer mistakes and the kicking game was so different (in a bad way) - I know rain may have affected the kicking, but...

the bright spot was Swann at backup QB. Not a good game for Wright
Last edited by charlestonalum on Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buffy
Vice Admiral

Post by buffy »

It's hard to put Swann out there when our line struggles to protect. Seals had the same problem, but it looks like Swann has better poise and better touch. I think you have to use both Swann and Wright as much as that causes other problems. We certainly need to have some unexpected plays mixed in there.

I'll say this, we're about exactly what I thought we'd be at this point. Most of what we see is failure to execute. But we're clearly more competent. We gave WF three scores.
We'll get better as the season goes along and I still think we'll beat an SEC team that's not expecting it. It sure looks like Swann has 'it'. He stepped in there with pure execution in his mind. His touch reminds me of Patton Robinette. We got to figure out how to protect that guy. And we have to figure out how to put Wright on the field regardless. The guy has too much ability and character to not figure out something.
DonYates
Commodore

Post by DonYates »

OldDude
Vice Admiral

Post by OldDude »

buffy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:45 pm It's hard to put Swann out there when our line struggles to protect. Seals had the same problem, but it looks like Swann has better poise and better touch. I think you have to use both Swann and Wright as much as that causes other problems. We certainly need to have some unexpected plays mixed in there.

I'll say this, we're about exactly what I thought we'd be at this point. Most of what we see is failure to execute. But we're clearly more competent. We gave WF three scores.
We'll get better as the season goes along and I still think we'll beat an SEC team that's not expecting it. It sure looks like Swann has 'it'. He stepped in there with pure execution in his mind. His touch reminds me of Patton Robinette. We got to figure out how to protect that guy. And we have to figure out how to put Wright on the field regardless. The guy has too much ability and character to not figure out something.
The way it looks right now, if we beat an SEC team they sure won't be expecting it. (Sorry, I'm bummed out )
Locked Previous topicNext topic