Mariota Hurt Go Figure

Discuss Nashville's NFL team here, the Tennessee Titans.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Nashmann
Admiral

Mariota Hurt Go Figure

Post by Nashmann »

What happened to our defense? Johnson much better QB then overrated Mariota. Mariota hurt again go figure. Time to look for a new QB. Gabbert not cutting it. Titans will never be a real winner with Mariota.

"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Titans309fan
Admiral

Re: Mariota Hurt Go Figure

Post by Titans309fan »

Titans clinched their third winning season in a row for the first time ever. Mariota has been instrumental in this streak.

Mariota definitely deserves a new contract. He is one of the best 4th quarter comeback QBs in the entire NFL.

Hopefully it is just a stinger and he will be fine for the Colts .
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

I know you are a huge Mariota fan. I am not. We can agree to disagree. I predict the Titans lose to Colts and Mariota will get hurt at some point. I don't feel he is a franchise QB. The Titans would do best to be looking, at least for a better back-up for when he inevitably gets hurt again. Just my opinion.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

I wish Mariota didn't get hurt as much as he does. I also wished McNair didn't miss so many games due to injury, but he did (more than Mariota has), and the Titans did well with him.

The Titans best interests are to give Mariota a new contract this offseason, but base it on his performance and time missed. It won't be as high as other QBs on their 2nd contract, but give him bonus incentives to make up the difference if he plays 16 games or passes for 4000 yards.

The Titans are going to have a mid 20's pick in the draft (and possibly worse depending on whether they make the playoffs or not). That isn't a spot to get a new QB. And going after an aging free agent QB to replace Mariota isn't going to help either. Mariota and the Titans are stuck with each other for now.

As for the Colts game, I think the Titans win. The Titans are terrific at home (16-3 streak), while the Colts struggle on the road, especially outdoors. It's going to require a near perfect game from the Titans, but they can do that (see the Patriots game). It will likely rain at some point, and the field was just used yesterday, so it will torn up a bit, slowing the plays down.

Mariota should play, and he will do everything he can to get a win. Henry needs to be the MVP of the game, though.
Titans309fan
Admiral

Post by Titans309fan »

ESPN is reporting that Mariota will be out for the game due to risk of further injury, but the Titans haven't said anything yet.

What is disgusting are those brain-dead Titans fans that think if Mariota misses, he is "soft" or "wimpy". If he can't play, it is because of something serious. I still hope he plays, but Gabbert is a decent backup. He isn't afraid to air it deep. He just can't run like Mariota (but isn't a statue either).
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

Well Titans not so good today at home....as I predicted.....Colts hung a big "L" on them. Ol' Mariota didn't even suit up.....go figure. Gabbert one fine QB...
ANCHORDOWN01
Admiral

Post by ANCHORDOWN01 »

Luck goes 11-0 now against the Titans. If Luck is looking to make some extra cash in the post season, he ought to bottle up and sell his mojo to the Jaguars. The Titans seem to have their number.
Locked Previous topicNext topic