Will we host?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Will we host?

Post by charlestonalum »

I know there was discussion in earlier thread about rules for deciding now that Clemson and FSU are out, but can someone who knows tell us how this works?

Somehow doesn't seem right if a team we swept at there place. MSU, can host over s if they win at Tallahassee, but NCAA can make screwy rules we know.

ANCHORDOWN1
Rear Admiral

Re: Will we host?

Post by ANCHORDOWN1 »

We will certainly host Oklahoma and may or may not host Mississippi State. The Bases Loaded announcers seemed to think we will, but they didn't give any explanation for why.
GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Post by GooseJones15 »

Yes
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Adam Sparks reports - "Will Vanderbilt host Super Regional?
Vanderbilt has a good chance to host a Super Regional, according to associate athletic director Kevin Colon, but time will tell.
Vanderbilt, a No. 2 seed in the Clemson Regional, will play the winner of the Tallahassee Regional, either No. 2 seed Mississippi State or No. 3 seed Oklahoma.
If Oklahoma is the opponent, Vanderbilt should host the Super Regional as the higher seed. If Mississippi State is the opponent, a few factors could come into play.
Technically, Vanderbilt and Mississippi State are even as No. 2 seeds, but the Commodores are a higher-ranked No. 2 seed based on the national ranking of the No. 1 seed (Clemson) it was paired with in the Regional round.
Years ago, Super Regional hosts were determined more by the amount of their monetary bid to the NCAA as a host site rather than on-field merit. But that approach has lessened in recent years, and schools are only required to meet a minimum bid of $35,000.
That doesn’t mean that a larger bid from the same seed would not be given preference, but Vanderbilt likes its chances.
To host a Super Regional, a school must submit a bid by May 18, which Vanderbilt did this year, according to Colon. Super Regional bids will be announced as early as Monday night, and the best-of-three series will begin either Friday or Saturday.
Reach Adam Sparks at asparks@tennessean.com and on Twitter @AdamSparks."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 667521002/
BWestbrook
Rear Admiral

Post by BWestbrook »

Let’s get the Hawk rocking and silence state fans!!!!
Commodoredave
Rear Admiral

Post by Commodoredave »

The trend has been to base decision on merit instead of pure economics, but I suppose I'm still bruised by some of the years we were slighted on our bowl bid. I realize this is more of an NCAA decision whereas bowls are independent entities, but I'll be uneasy about it until we know
oakparkDore
Vice Admiral

Post by oakparkDore »

They are taking deposits for tickets already on the official site. Pretty good indication of our expectations.
AirForceDore
Rear Admiral

Post by AirForceDore »

When will the NCAA announce who hosts now that its officially Vandy vs MSU?
VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Post by VanDSIRROM »

NCC indicates they will confirm ticket orders tomorrow (Tue) morning...so for that to happen, the NCAA will have to notify them sometime tonight (Mon)...

I need to know asap so I can book my air travel...
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
ANCHORDOWN1
Rear Admiral

Post by ANCHORDOWN1 »

SCSA
Captain

Post by SCSA »

NCAA will try to find a way to screw us.
cjdore
Fleet Admiral

Post by cjdore »

I locked my tix with ole VU.....maybe others should do so also.
VanDSIRROM
Admiral

Post by VanDSIRROM »

Unfortunately for those that did not, the deadline for NCC members was today at 4:00 CT...I don't know how many (if any tickets) might remain for non-NCC members...
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name--He marks--not that you won or lost--but how you played the game." Grantland Rice, VU Alumnus

@AD @AD @AD @AD
GooseJones15
Lieutenant

Post by GooseJones15 »

Official announcement will be made Tues at 8am eastern on ncaa.com
Locked Previous topicNext topic