ADCSL Interview

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Jason94
Admiral

ADCSL Interview

Post by Jason94 »

https://omny.fm/shows/forklift-systems- ... ay-8-19-23

This was posted on the other board, but at around 36 minutes CSL discusses NIL that relates to the discussion that we had about Tyrin Lawrence earlier. She basically confirmed that the Athletic department understands the importance of utilizing the NIL and has been making aware to donors that one way that they can help the student athletes as well as the university is through donating to the Anchor Down fund.

This is really good news IMO as it appears that we are on our way to mitigating any financial advantage other schools might have when it comes to NIL funding. I expect us to be very, very competitive over the next couple of seasons, and think we are not really that close to our overall ceiling.

This is a really comprehensive interview BTW. I'm not really that much of a fan of Doug Matthews who despite having Vandy ties is a bit of a UT homer, but he really went into depth with CSL and CLS was very candid and generous with her time in basically sitting down for an hour long interview. One can come away from the interview with the feeling that she absolutely gets it, and has the correct priorities for the athletic department. Based on her comments it also appears that she has the full backing of the university as a whole which isn't something that has always been the case.

MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Re: ADCSL Interview

Post by MemorialMagic »

Jason94 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:50 pm I'm not really that much of a fan of Doug Matthews who despite having Vandy ties is a bit of a UT homer, but he really went into depth with CSL and CLS was very candid and generous with her time in basically sitting down for an hour long interview.
A bit? Understatement of the day.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Re: ADCSL Interview

Post by geeznotagain »

I’ve donated to the university reach year for at least the past 3 decades but have not been reached out to concerning NIL. Is that because they are just reaching out to the heavy hitters? Admittedly I do not fall into that category, but plan to as soon as I win the lottery.
Locked Previous topicNext topic