Hawaii intel?

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

mtnvandy
Captain

Hawaii intel?

Post by mtnvandy »

As the 30 day clock is now rolling, is Hawaii still expected to be a dumpster fire?

MtnVandy

mtnvandy
Captain

Re: Hawaii intel?

Post by mtnvandy »

Looks like we are favored by 18

Over/under is 56.5
mtnvandy
Captain

Post by mtnvandy »

Pretty good eval

https://collegefootballnews.com/.amp/cf ... eview-2023

How did I forget Todd Grantham was a Bow?

Never have I disliked any coach in any sport more than this Todd

#MtnVandy
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

I think you may have confused Todd Graham, former Rainbow's HC, with Todd Grantham, former DC at Georgia and Florida. Todd Graham was fired at Hawai'i amid some kind of scandal. Grantham is famous for his choke sign to an opposing kicker, wanting to fight James Franklin after a game, and other examples of greatness.
MtJulietVUFan
Ensign

Post by MtJulietVUFan »

I read a full preview earlier in the offseason (can't remember the source) but it was pretty in-depth. What I recall from that is they expect to run a full-blown run and shoot offense this season, more of what their coach wanted to do from the beginning. Although I expect the superior athletes to take over, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see this give us some trouble right out of the gate. It's no secret secondary is going to be a weakness/question mark this year, specifically corners. And if they give a cushion as has been typical, the run and shoot could be frustrating. Especially early till they settle down into the game.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Here's a radio interview the Honolulu station did with Rainbows coach Timmy Chang at Mountain West Media Days, if anyone's interested...
YouTube: Hawai'i Head Coach Timmy Chang | Day 2 | 2023 Mountain West Football Media Days

P.S. Todd Graham (mentioned in this thread above) is not the coach at Hawaii; he was fired last summer and Timmy Chang was brought in as a replacement. Last year Chang was so new to the job, his debut was almost destined to be a fiasco. This year he's got a much better grip on what he's doing.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

mtnvandy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:18 amHow did I forget Todd Grantham was a Bow?
Never have I disliked any coach in any sport more than this Todd
#MtnVandy
When Franklin AND Mason both go after another coach, there's a reason.
Locked Previous topicNext topic