Jayla Forbes Visits

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Jayla Forbes Visits

Post by MikeADore »

Will be a freshman this year (class of '27). Plays forward/center for class 7A Thompson High School in Alabama. Has offers that include Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Auburn. Doesn't appear to have a Vandy offer yet, or at least she doesn't say so. Has a 4.0 GPA.

Oh, and she's 6'7. You read that right.

Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Re: Jayla Forbes Visits

Post by Go Vandy! »

Mike, (1) Can players ask for an offer, or let a team know they are interested? (2) Has Shea offered anyone past '24 or '25? (3) I believe coaches can rescind offers. And since commitments from players can change in a second, how does a team have any idea who is going to be here and who is not. Completely ignoring the transfer portal. (The same with recruits.) Even as soon as fall of '24? I assume this fall is locked up.
Thanks. I've been following VU WBB since '91, and apparently know... well, not much.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

Thompson has probably the strongest HS football program in Alabama right now. I know noting about thier hoops prgrams for either gender, but it is strong.
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Thompson, one of Hoover’s arch-rivals, is indeed the top football program in the state. Their boys bb team is good, but not elite. Their girls bb team has been sub-par for as long as I can remember. Will be interesting to see what impact Forbes will make. My guess is a lot.
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

Locked Previous topicNext topic