Some help from overseas

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AirForceDore13
Seaman Recruit

Some help from overseas

Post by AirForceDore13 »

I read the forum rules and maybe I'm just dumb but this seems to be allowed. I'm stationed overseas in Germany. Walking through the BX I saw a military challenge coin that has the Vanderbilt logo on it. I bought it and am looking for a way to get it to Coach Lea. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. I tried on twitter but I'm by no means popular enough to get enough attention lol. Thank you for anyone that can help me with this.

V-New
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Re: Some help from overseas

Post by FayetteDore »

Realizing that time is short, trips are expensive and you may not get to choose your time off BUT it would be way cool if you were able to get home and present it to him yourself during the Sept. 2 Salute to Service game below. Or maybe next year's Salute to Service game, or whenever you do get back home.

Short of that, here's the directory for the VU Athletic Department, with email addresses: https://vucommodores.com/staff-directory/
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 7.31.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 7.31.02 AM.png (65.74 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
AirForceDore
Rear Admiral

Post by AirForceDore »

When I was in Korea and in locations in the middle east, I used to set my alarm clock for "horrible morning hours" and call CBJs call in show. Any of you old enough to remember that actually listened, yeah that was me. CBJ actually talked to my parents who were at the show and arranged for me to come to practice before a game whenever I could get home on leave. I did something similar and man was it a really cool experience. Granted except for Korea I could never actually say where I was. Joe Fisher would always move me to the front of the call line. Maybe that would be an avenue for you. Now that I am out and back in TN, when I get to a show I will try and catch Coach after and let him know if you would like. PM me and I will give you my contact info.
AirForceDore13
Seaman Recruit

Post by AirForceDore13 »

FayetteDore wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:34 am Realizing that time is short, trips are expensive and you may not get to choose your time off BUT it would be way cool if you were able to get home and present it to him yourself during the Sept. 2 Salute to Service game below. Or maybe next year's Salute to Service game, or whenever you do get back home.

Short of that, here's the directory for the VU Athletic Department, with email addresses: https://vucommodores.com/staff-directory/

Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 7.31.02 AM.png
Oh man that would be really cool. I would have no idea how to get in contact with Coach Lea in person lol. Thank you for the information!
V-New
Locked Previous topicNext topic