Vandy gets 8 votes to win the East, and 5 to win the SEC

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Vandy gets 8 votes to win the East, and 5 to win the SEC

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

We have the power to cloud men's minds, as we witnessed in the conversations between Phil Fulmer and UT chancellor Donde Plowman, so is it really all that unlikely we could conjure up a few votes from the media?

Vanderbilt was still picked to finish 7th in the East by the rest of the voters, however.

cc11316
Rear Admiral

Re: Vandy gets 8 votes to win the East, and 5 to win the SEC

Post by cc11316 »

Is this a joke from the media, a statement or something I don't understand? I mean they're predictably picked last but have the 5th most first place votes of all the teams meaning they have more votes than : S.Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, Missouri, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Auburn and Miss State. :? :? :?
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

How many media credentials did Vandymania have?
Did they let Brent cast 8 votes, given his stellar reputation?
:cool:

PS: The Tennessean beat reporter weighs in: it wasn't her.

https://twitter.com/aria_gerson/status/ ... 74913?s=20
Last edited by FayetteDore on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

FayetteDore wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:58 pm How many media credentials did Vandymania have?
Did they let Brent cast 8 votes, given his stellar reputation?
:cool:
Ha! I don't get a vote, and if I have a reputation with the SEC, it's of being a pest.
FootballFan
Seaman

Post by FootballFan »

That is an error. Vandy did not receive any voted for first place. UGA got 23 and UT 1.
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Has to be a jesting reaction to Lea’s assertion that VU will become the nation’s best program for the second straight year at SEC media days. I’m here for it. Good publicity. Steers the conversation VU’s way.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

"There's no such thing as bad publicity." -P.T. Barnum NTM "There's a sucker born every minute." ALBNL "Who let the dogs out?" (Who, who, who...)
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Paul Finebaum said this on a radio interview Monday about the people who voted for Vandy to win the conference...

“I appreciate what Media Days is,” he said. “But when I see that, Cole, I really begin to wonder about people’s right to vote, and I know that sounds crazy because I’ve always been a big believer in democracy. But democracy has nothing to do with being qualified to vote for the SEC. … If you vote for Vanderbilt to win the SEC, you don’t deserve to be credentialed, because that proves that you’re just making a mockery out of something that we take seriously.”

I think I might agree with him on that.
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

BrentVU wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:42 am Paul Finebaum said this on a radio interview Monday about the people who voted for Vandy to win the conference...

“I appreciate what Media Days is,” he said. “But when I see that, Cole, I really begin to wonder about people’s right to vote, and I know that sounds crazy because I’ve always been a big believer in democracy. But democracy has nothing to do with being qualified to vote for the SEC. … If you vote for Vanderbilt to win the SEC, you don’t deserve to be credentialed, because that proves that you’re just making a mockery out of something that we take seriously.”

I think I might agree with him on that.
Well, I hate to disagree with you both because I respect you both (Brent & Finebaum). "...making a mockery out of something we take seriously." Seriously!?!? It's a pre-season media days poll, for crying out loud -- NOT even the pre-season polls that matter (AP, Coaches). Although it listed the votes, it obviously didn't affect the overall poll rankings because, surprise, VU still ended up ranked last in its division.

Media Days is a circus -- something to generate excitement in the dead of summer, 6-7 weeks out from kickoff. It's all in fun, and nobody will remember it after Week 1. At the end of the season, there'll be a few mid-week stories comparing the final results to the pre-season predictions. And those stories won't matter either.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
MikenNashville
Captain

Post by MikenNashville »

I find it hilarious that Finebum is complaining about other media personalities seriousness since he made his career in trolling semi-literate fans from Alabama, Mississippi. Etc.
Locked Previous topicNext topic