NAME THE MID-MAJOR....

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

NAME THE MID-MAJOR....

Post by MrMemorial »

That Christian Little will be pitching for next spring.

For a year supply of Turtle Wax....and....Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat... (thank you Johnny Gilbert!)

Ball State

Eastern Illinois

MTSU

Duquesne

Samford

IUPUI

commadore
Admiral

Re: NAME THE MID-MAJOR....

Post by commadore »

Is he transferring again?
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

commadore wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:34 pm Is he transferring again?
His ERA was over seven, he hadn't seen the field since the regular season and Florida beat him like a rented mule today when he did get in.

Just a hunch about the portal. This is two SEC programs where he didn't live up to the hype.

Does that not scream "mid-major transfer" to anybody else?
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

MrMemorial wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:03 pm
commadore wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:34 pm Is he transferring again?
His ERA was over seven, he hadn't seen the field since the regular season and Florida beat him like a rented mule today when he did get in.

Just a hunch about the portal. This is two SEC programs where he didn't live up to the hype.

Does that not scream "mid-major transfer" to anybody else?
I actually didn't watch today and after seeing the score was glad. Didn't know he'd played. Doesn't sound like he played much.
katmai
Rear Admiral

Post by katmai »

I don't see any need in kicking a man while he is down. It didn't work out for him at Vanderbilt, but I wish him nothing but the best unless he is playing Vanderbilt. He probably won't be invited back to LSU next year, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if someone took a flyer on him late in the draft. He has great velocity, and I am sure some teams think that they will be able to work with him to improve his control and the movement on his fastball.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

katmai wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 pm I don't see any need in kicking a man while he is down. It didn't work out for him at Vanderbilt, but I wish him nothing but the best unless he is playing Vanderbilt. He probably won't be invited back to LSU next year, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if someone took a flyer on him late in the draft. He has great velocity, and I am sure some teams think that they will be able to work with him to improve his control and the movement on his fastball.
If I remember correctly, Corbs said he didn't take instruction well, or something to that effect.
baseball1234
Commander

Post by baseball1234 »

Wish him well. I had the same question in my mind during the game. Guessed Jax State, for no reason except that there will be a new coach.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

At least he has a CWS Championship.

Despite the high ERA, Little was a big part of the team until he struggled (some would say “scuffled”) down the stretch.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

All the above. What do i win?
Locked Previous topicNext topic