One thing that hasn't been mentioned in a while

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

One thing that hasn't been mentioned in a while

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Vandy still doesn't have a third assistant coach since Michael Curry left the program, and that was nearly two months ago. It's surprising given that we are entering the peak of the summer recruiting season.

Jason94
Admiral

Re: One thing that hasn't been mentioned in a while

Post by Jason94 »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:26 pm Vandy still doesn't have a third assistant coach since Michael Curry left the program, and that was nearly two months ago. It's surprising given that we are entering the peak of the summer recruiting season.
I wonder how the portal is affecting recruiting? Seems like the number of openings on a particular team is not known until after the season is over, and the amount of available projected PT is also subject to change greatly depending upon what the portal gives and takes away. Still need coaches to scout, but I imagine that a number of student athletes might take a "wait and see" approach as well.
MemorialMagic
Rear Admiral

Re: One thing that hasn't been mentioned in a while

Post by MemorialMagic »

I really liked Curry. I figured he’d leave for a bigger job relatively quickly, but surprised he just left or was asked to leave.

Loved that every timeout, he would grab one of the players and basically spend the entire timeout or at least part of it just focused on that player. Coaching, teaching. Seemed like a good influence. But who knows.
Locked Previous topicNext topic