uut still winless all-time in Omaha?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

uut still winless all-time in Omaha?

Post by MrMemorial »

I saw that somewhere.

And with the 6-0 win by LSU, the streak continues!! :lol:

I say 6-0 because when the uut guy flung his bat down and walked out of the batters box, under the new rules that should have been a delay of game and automatic third strike, inning over. They get away with so much crap and it never ends. There should be an asterisk next to the score of that game indicating that it should really be 6-0 LSU.

Levon
Rear Admiral

Re: uut still winless all-time in Omaha?

Post by Levon »

MrMemorial wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:27 am I saw that somewhere.

I say 6-0 because when the uut guy flung his bat down and walked out of the batters box, under the new rules that should have been a delay of game and automatic third strike, inning over. They get away with so much crap and it never ends. There should be an asterisk next to the score of that game indicating that it should really be 6-0 LSU.
In the hitter's defense (assuming we're talking about the same play) he--and everyone else--thought that was ball 4 and he was heading to 1st base. As much as I don't like the Vols, I didn't think he did anything worthy of an automatic strike.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

I think the last time they won a game in Omaha was 2001. That's over 8,000 days.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:15 am

I think the last time they won a game in Omaha was 2001. That's over 8,000 days.
Yep. I did some checking, they did win loser bracket games in both 2001 & 1995, and in 1951 won 4 loser bracket games before losing to Oklahoma in the championship game. As Auric notes, been a looooong time since they have won a game at the CWS.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:15 am

8000+ days... well maybe Stanford can pin one more on that ignominious streak...

GO STANFORD!!

FootballFan
Seaman

Post by FootballFan »

It is sad watching butt hurt Vandy fans try to feel better about themselves by downgrading UT when we couldn’t make it to Omaha.
vutrain
Commander

Post by vutrain »

FootballFan wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:45 pm It is sad watching butt-hurt Vandy fans try to feel better about themselves by downgrading UT when we couldn’t make it to Omaha.
Excuse me, I have hated the sour orange since 1962 and nothing has changed ...nor will it. I've always said if the university fell into the Tennessee River, I'd spit in the river to raise the water level. So now you see, it is not just Vandy not making it to Omaha in 2023, some roots run a bit deeper.
vandybrad
Commander

Post by vandybrad »

FootballFan wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:45 pm It is sad watching butt hurt Vandy fans try to feel better about themselves by downgrading UT when we couldn’t make it to Omaha.
You don't think they would be doing the same thing to us except they would have multiple posts about it. No, the hatred is real for the team, the fans and expecially the most arrogant coach in the NCAA. They get everything we can dish out. If they were playing Russia, guess who I would be pulling for.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

You know why people in east TN pull for ut?

They can spell "u t" but they can't spell Vanderbilt.
Golddore68
Admiral

Post by Golddore68 »

I can completely understand the animosity towards UT’s baseball team.

They all of a sudden make it to the CWS and their fans act like they’ve been there all the time. Like they do with football and basketball and every other sport.

Their coach illegally recruited one of their best players (shortstop Maui Ahuna) at Colorado by contacting him before he entered the transfer portal, but their coach was only suspended a couple of games for it. Just like them not getting major penalties when Prewitt cheated in football, and even going back to when Pearl was their basketball coach and he cheated, I don’t recall their basketball team having any sanctions.

You know if a Vanderbilt coach did these things the NCAA would hammer us. The NCAA is afraid to penalize UT.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

UTee and U Cheat seem to almost rhyme
Locked Previous topicNext topic