Trinity Wilson announces her commitment to Vandy

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Trinity Wilson announces her commitment to Vandy

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

6-3 center from Lakeville North High School in Minnesota. Vandy's first 2024 commitment.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: Trinity Wilson announces her commitment to Vandy

Post by MikeADore »

First commitment for '24, which is likely to be a small class. I predict two players, but I guess three isn't out of the question. Could depend on what Jordyn Oliver and Bella LaChance decide to do about their final year of eligibility after the coming season. Right now, the only player we know for sure who will be leaving the 13-player roster is Jordyn Cambridge.

Trinity Wilson plays on the North Tartan EYBL team with Aaliyah Crump and Maddyn Greenway. The latter also has a Vandy offer while the former is playing for team USA's 16U team in Mexico for the Americas championship. Wilson is a true, old-fashioned post. She does have a bit of shooting range but seems to make a living in the paint using her size, strength and soft touch to her advantage. I don't think you'll find her wandering around the perimeter very often. Finished third in the shot put in the Minnesota state tournament this spring. She had an unofficial visit and got an offer last June, but I'd bet she has recently been here for an official visit.

VandyJim
Chief

Post by VandyJim »

Mike
I've seen a little of her film on the internet. I must say I'm somewhat surprised by Vandy offering her, mainly because this year's class is so incredibly athletic. Do you think CSR needed a bigger sized post to bang with SEC centers?
MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Post by MikeADore »

VandyJim wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:32 pm Mike
I've seen a little of her film on the internet. I must say I'm somewhat surprised by Vandy offering her, mainly because this year's class is so incredibly athletic. Do you think CSR needed a bigger sized post to bang with SEC centers?
I'm not sure. They had, and still do have, offers out to some elite bigs. I suspect we aren't in line to sign any of those girls (Joyce Edwards, Kateryna Koval, Kennedy Ume and Ella Hobbs). Hobbs already released a top five, and we weren't in it. Edwards the number-one recruit in the country and Koval #5. Ume is #28. Not likely to get those.

They obviously see something they like in Wilson. She got the offer after her sophomore year. She'll be joining a fairly deep front court, so they shouldn't have to count on her being SEC ready when she arrives on campus. She does have a soft touch and seems willing to use her size for position under the basket. That's a pretty good start.

I think they would love to add Avery Howell to the fold in the next few months. She's a 6'0 guard from Idaho who can play point or wing. Excellent passer and shooter. She seems to be making a run this summer. She has been in Europe as part of that Adidas Eurocamp deal and has gotten a lot of attention. Hopefully, we can get her in for an official visit soon. I like our chances if we can. Of course, if there is any chance at all to get Jaloni Cambridge, she would be the top priority. The good thing is, I'm sure they know exactly where they stand with her, good or bad.
Locked Previous topicNext topic