I’m Very Optimistic for the 2023-2024 Season!!

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

DoreFan49
Chief

I’m Very Optimistic for the 2023-2024 Season!!

Post by DoreFan49 »

AD* Since it seems to be apparent that we will have 13 players either returning and coming in to provide the talent for the 2023-24 season, I am wondering about how the rest of the Commodore fans on this board feel about our potential to have a very competitive season in the SEC.

Here is a list of the 13 players who will make it happen.

Guards

Jordyn Cambridge
Iyana Moore
Jada Brown
Jordyn Oliver
Bella LaChance
Madison Greene
Ryanne Allen

Forward/Post Players

Sacha Washington
Khamil Pierre
Agata Makurat
Justine Pissott
Aiyana Mitchell
Bailey Gilmore

With the best staff in WCBB with a proven record in player development, the six returning experienced players, five talented freshman including Agata Makurat (ranked #15 in the world in her class) and a graduate transfer Jordyn Oliver with three years experience playing for Baylor and Duke and two years of eligibility and a sophomore transfer Justine Pissott from UT who was ranked #12 nationally coming out of high school, the outlook is certainly very promising.

I am excited about our potential to shoot the three, our rebounding potential, our improved defense with stronger and bigger players in the front court, our quick guards and the passion that will be generated in the entire team with the return of what CSR has called the heart and sole of this team, namely Jordyn Cambridge.

What do y’all think?

AD*
Last edited by DoreFan49 on Sun May 14, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dickeys Nightmare
Rear Admiral

Re: I’m Very Optimistic for the 2023-2024 Season!!

Post by Dickeys Nightmare »

DoreFan49 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:47 pm Since it seems to be apparent that we will have 13 players either returning and coming in to provide the talent for the 2023-24 season, I am wondering about how the rest of the Commodore fans on this board feel about our potential to have a very competitive season in the SEC.

Here is a list of the 13 players who will make it happen.

Guards

Jordyn Cambridge
Iyana Moore
Jada Brown
Jordyn Oliver
Bella LaChance
Madison Greene
Ryanne Allen

Forward/Post Players

Sacha Washington
Khamil Pierre
Agata Makurat
Justine Pissott
Aiyana Mitchell
Bailey Gilmore

With the best staff in WCBB with a proven record in player development, the six returning experienced players, five talented freshman including Agata Makurat (ranked #15 in the world in her class) and a graduate transfer Jordyn Oliver with three years experience playing for Baylor and Duke and two years of eligibility and a sophomore transfer Justine Pissott from UT who was ranked #12 nationally coming out of high school, the outlook is certainly very promising.

I am excited about our potential to shoot the three, our rebounding potential, our improved defense with stronger and bigger players in the front court, our quick guards and the passion that will be generated in the entire team with the return of what CSR has called the heart and sole of this team, namely Jordyn Cambridge.

What do y’all think?
Agreed!
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

well stated - completely agree
bornadore57
Lieutenant

Post by bornadore57 »

Yes, I am hopeful for substantial progress in the 23-24 season. RIght now, hoping that there is great personal development and team-building taking place. My biggest hope is for health!!!
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

Repeat after me:

Gotta stay healthy
Gotta stay healthy
Gotta stay healthy
Locked Previous topicNext topic