VU lands UT transfer Justine Pissott

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

VU lands UT transfer Justine Pissott

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Big pickup for the Dores.

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Re: VU lands UT transfer Justine Pissott

Post by MikeADore »

(Posted this separately only to realize Auric Goldfinger had the news about five minutes ahead of me. I mean, he's called Goldfinger for a reason.) ;)

A 5* recruit out of high school last year who was ranked #11 on ESPN Hoopgurlz. I'd say easily the highest rank the program has had. She played summer ball with Ryanne Allen in the Philadelphia Rise program.

Former Lady Vol Justine Pissott, a rising sophomore, has elected to transfer to Vanderbilt. She's a gold medalist on the USA U17 team, the same squad that Jaloni Cambridge played on last summer. After committing early to the Lady Vols, coach Harper went into the portal and brought in several vets who moved ahead of Pissott on the depth chart, including Rickea Jackson. She entered the portal a few weeks back and has reportedly been highly sought after since. Many thought she would wind up at Maryland or Rutgers or another team in the northeast closer to her New Jersey home and her twin sister, who plays at the Naval Academy. She chose Vandy.

She's 6'3 (or 6'2 or 6'4, depending where you look) and is regarded as an elite three-point shooter. With the veterans stacked ahead of her in Knoxville, she never really found her role. I don't think she'll have any trouble getting playing time in Nashville. The challenge for the coaches will be keeping Pissott, Ryanne Allen and Agata Makurat happy. Those things tend to work themselves out.

Congrats to the coaches and to Justine.

VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

woohooo!
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

This is extremely great news!! Be careful using the transfer portal for a chance at immediate success…..you could lose one of your premier players who had to ride the bench! ut’s loss is absolutely VU’s gain in a big way, even though Jackson decided to return! This could be the beginning of building the National Power we’ve been waiting for!!!
Nashmann
Admiral

Post by Nashmann »

This is great news! Tall athletic and a good 3-point shooter with height!! Welcome :)
"I have not yet begun to fight!" ....John Paul Jones AD* AD* @GAD @AD
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Upcoming season should be pretty good for Vandy WBB. If they can JUST STAY HEALTHY.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

SUPER
Dore2Dore
Lieutenant

Post by Dore2Dore »

Am excited about this transfer. ut folks have been hard on her all year - undeserved IMO. I believe she is in the very best place for player development with CSR, Coach Tpm, Coach Katie Lou. There has been demonstrated positive development with our players during CSR tenure that bought into her vision & willing to put in the work. I believe Justine is probably VERY hungry to prove herself. I very much look forward to next year & thereafter! I will be overjoyed the day we beat UT !!
Locked Previous topicNext topic