Put it to bed if not true, don't leave the fan base hanging on the sdge

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Put it to bed if not true, don't leave the fan base hanging on the sdge

Post by Vandysmith »

If true it will leave a sour taste in our mouth to the one that ready light him as our coach.

shelbz75
Rear Admiral

Re: Put it to bed if not true, don't leave the fan base hanging on the sdge

Post by shelbz75 »

I'm pretty pro Stackhouse but I think there is a very good chance he goes to the Pistons. There is a lot of smoke around that one and Stack is pretty well liked in NBA circles & in Detroit. He has connections with Casey as well who will now be in the front office.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

shelbz75 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:34 am I'm pretty pro Stackhouse but I think there is a very good chance he goes to the Pistons. There is a lot of smoke around that one and Stack is pretty well liked in NBA circles & in Detroit. He has connections with Casey as well who will now be in the front office.
Stack is going to get a very quick recruiting lesson: other coaches use any "looks" at other jobs against you until you leave. College recruiting is cut throat and not just for the current year. By this dalliance with Dertroit, his tenure at VU gets questioned and is a powerful negative recruitment tool for our competitors. Stack is so honest he will not deny the rumors (if true) so he and Vanderbilt are in a very bad spot if he gets the job and an even worse spot going forward as far as recruiting goes if he doesn't get the job.

Hope I am wrong, but I see a loose loose here except VU learns not to hire a pro coach as a new college head coach - something Malcolm Turner apparently did not know, but Candace surely does.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

I'm a pessimist by nature. But i think even if Stack doesn't get the Pistons job, he &, likely Juwan Howard, are headed to the NBA at some point. Possibly very soon.
doubledore9603
Lieutenant

Post by doubledore9603 »

Go Vandy! wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:06 pm I'm a pessimist by nature. But i think even if Stack doesn't get the Pistons job, he &, likely Juwan Howard, are headed to the NBA at some point. Possibly very soon.
This is the concern. It’s not a matter of if but when. Not as big of a deterrent for an incoming freshman ego can transfer, but very material for a transfer.
Locked Previous topicNext topic