Yale

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Yale

Post by charlestonalum »

Co-champs of IVY league. Winners in other words.
They hit mid 40's% from field and high 30's from 3. They are good shooters and outsored opponents easily for year. They also keep opponents scoring down so play good D. Also comfortably outrebound opponents. Only stat they didn't out perform opposition is free throw shooting.
Most of their scoring is from guards.
We need to play well to win.

Obvious
Captain

Re: Yale

Post by Obvious »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:30 pm Co-champs of IVY league. Winners in other words.
They hit mid 40's% from field and high 30's from 3. They are good shooters and outsored opponents easily for year. They also keep opponents scoring down so play good D. Also comfortably outrebound opponents. Only stat they didn't out perform opposition is free throw shooting.
I can’t think of the last time we played a good outside shooting team. Maybe Florida?
Obvious
Captain

Post by Obvious »

Well the Aggies did shoot the lights out but I don’t think that was normal for them
underdog74
Vice Admiral

Post by underdog74 »

Not a typical SEC style opponent. The scouting and game plan need to be on point, otherwise we could easily get caught thinking our size and athleticism will win the game.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Yale lost by only 10 points at Kentucky and by 3 to Colorado in the rarified air of Boulder, and blistered NCAA team Vermont by 29 at home.

They also played both Sarah Lawrence and John Jay, which must be the first time both of those schools and UK appeared on the same schedule.
utahozzie
Commander

Post by utahozzie »

We should schedule Sarah Lawrence next year. Clearly wins and scoring Margin is all the committee values
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:30 pm Co-champs of IVY league. Winners in other words.
Thanks for the preview. I looked at the Tennessean and DNJ and there was no preview to speak of.

But there was an article about a guy who shot a 29 pound carp up yonder in Ashland City with a crossbow.
(no, it was not a record or even close)

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/2023/0 ... 005749007/
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

MrMemorial wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm
Thanks for the preview. I looked at the Tennessean and DNJ and there was no preview to speak of.

But there was an article about a guy who shot a 29 pound carp up yonder in Ashland City with a crossbow.

So that's what passes for fishing these days.
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

underdog74 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:01 am Not a typical SEC style opponent. The scouting and game plan need to be on point, otherwise we could easily get caught thinking our size and athleticism will win the game.
I don't expect us to have much of a size advantage, if any. In their game at Rupp, they got 30 rebounds to UK's 31.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

They will have to play their A game tonight. Those ivy league teams are tough.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

They were out of gas when they play Texas A & M Saturday afternoon. If it was a two- or three-day rest period, the game would have been closer.
utahozzie
Commander

Post by utahozzie »

If Stute had quit chucking threes when the lead went from 27 to 12 and vandy had the ball it would’ve been closer too…
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

VU1970 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:35 pm
MrMemorial wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 pm

So that's what passes for fishing these days.
IDK. You should ask his cousin(s) the whistler(s) at the next baseball game. They do resemble.

p.s. - what's with the dead fish on the pile of manure he's standing next to?
VUaskew
Vice Admiral

Post by VUaskew »

he's not actually going to eat that, is he?
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

Yale, was the regular season Ivy League champion and lost to Princeton in their tournament final. I was wrong in the op: I thought they were co-champs. They will be a very tough out.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

Why do they still call Vandy a third seat in the NIT?
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

charlestonalum wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:33 pm Yale, was the regular season Ivy League champion and lost to Princeton in their tournament final. I was wrong in the op: I thought they were co-champs. They will be a very tough out.
ESPN shows the two of them tied in first place at 10-4. I think you were right. I also think you’re right that they will be a tough out. Really, that should be true of pretty much anyone VU faces in post-season play.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

VUaskew wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:30 pm he's not actually going to eat that, is he?
We always caught and released carp. It appears you can't do that if you catch them with a bow and arrow.
KudzuLeague
Captain

Post by KudzuLeague »

Those carp are invasive and when you catch one you're supposed to kill it even if you have no intention of dining. That's why they're out on the compost pile.

By the way, I've been a Vandy fan all my life, and my wife went to Yale. Do they sell one of those "a House Divided" license plates just for us?
Locked Previous topicNext topic