Senior Day

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

MikeADore
Rear Admiral

Senior Day

Post by MikeADore »

I imagine they're doing the ceremony today instead of Thursday vs. LSU because it's easier for family members to be there on a Sunday.

Looks like the two grad students, Ciaja Harbison and Marnelle Garraud, along with seniors Demi Washington and Yabryon Chambers will be honored. It appears Kaylon Smith left the program somewhere along the way. For a while she was on the bench along with fellow injured players Jordyn Cambridge and Iyana Moore, but she hasn't been there for a while. Announcers for SEC Network said a few weeks ago that Smith had left the program.

As we learned last year, senior day doesn't really tell us anything in terms of who is leaving and who is staying. Three players, grad student Asha Taylor and seniors Jordyn Cambridge and Brinae Alexander took part in the ceremonies. Taylor, as a grad student, was obviously leaving. Cambridge stayed and Alexander transferred.

I don't know about this year's seniors. I've assumed Demi and Yabryon will move on, but I don't know it for a fact. We do have room on the roster if needed.

Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Re: Senior Day

Post by Ndorefin »

I really like Demi’s toughness and grit. She has had a hard time with her health while at VU and I feel she could help with another year. Chambers is so fun to watch…you never know what she is going to do! She is very athletic, but I don’t believe she concentrated on b-ball in high school.

I would hate to think where we would be without our transfers….I hope they enjoyed their time at VU. It seems as if Ciaja is worn out, as her shots are a little off and she has hit the front of the rim on some of her foul shots, lately!
Locked Previous topicNext topic