Wonder if Chad Withrow still thinks.........

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

vandybrad
Commander

Wonder if Chad Withrow still thinks.........

Post by vandybrad »

that college baseball is irrelevant when it comes to sports talk radio? A few years back when Vandy was making their first run at the CWS championship my son calls in to talk it up. Chad cuts him off on the air, said they had other things to talk about more important. They wound up getting into it on the air and Chad bans him from calling in. Bet he doesn't think that now that his team is there.

OldDude
Vice Admiral

Re: Wonder if Chad Withrow still thinks.........

Post by OldDude »

I answered "No" before I even read your text. Better question : Did Withrow ever think ?
VUadmiral
Commander

Post by VUadmiral »

I didn't think he actually thought at all.

Anchor Down!
The Admiral
VandyManners
Lieutenant

Post by VandyManners »

Who's Chad Withrow?
blackgold61
Lieutenant

Post by blackgold61 »

VandyManners wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:43 am Who's Chad Withrow?
I know you were being sarcastic but Withrow is the worst Nashville sports talk has to offer. I can’t stand him. Not only being a Vol homer but he goes out of his way to dog Vandy every chance he gets
AuricFan
Lieutenant

Post by AuricFan »

As an alum, there are many, many reasons to be critical of Vandy athletics. Here are a few less than fond memories: Mercer learning of his non-acceptance via newspaper, can't pay DiNardo over 300k, the Derek Mason hire (insert deer -in-headlights stare, here), Tennessee State band instead of our own at half-time on homecoming weekend, "I'm going to fucking kill you" on ESPN, the lost decade of women's basketball, Karl Dorrell...
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

blackgold61 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:33 am
I know you were being sarcastic but Withrow is the worst Nashville sports talk has to offer. I can’t stand him. Not only being a Vol homer but he goes out of his way to dog Vandy every chance he gets
I actually thought he was serious as I have no idea who Chad Withrow is either. No kidding!
egbertsouse
Captain

Post by egbertsouse »

Jared Stillman is the worst.
accent grave over the e
VandyManners
Lieutenant

Post by VandyManners »

egbertsouse wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:26 pm
I was joking earlier. I unfortunately know who Withrow is. Unfortunately the Nashville sports talk market is almost all Vol graduates or sympathizers. I think I heard yesterday the Outkick 360 show with Withrow, PK, and that other dude will be returning to Nashville radio on one of the ESPN affiliate stations. Maybe 94.9. I wont be listening. It would be nice to have one show loyal to the local team.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

His most famous (or infamous) take on college baseball was after Rocker threw his no-hitter. He stated he didn’t think it was all that note worthy, since it was college baseball. That started a feud between him and a local tv sports reporter (may have been Steve Layman) concerning the coverage of the event. He and PK also loved criticizing the VU marching band. They never considered the fact that most VU students don’t feel it is feasible to spend the time required to be a member of a marching band. I’ve often wondered if some of the members actually attend other local schools. I know for a fact some of the majorettes were local high school students.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

egbertsouse wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:26 pm
And he didn't go to uut. Stillman went to U of L, right?

(Wasn't he equipment manager of the girls basketball team... not sarcastic)
Locked Previous topicNext topic